Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Altos quiltpro or Truecut >

Altos quiltpro or Truecut

Altos quiltpro or Truecut

Old 11-06-2010, 05:17 PM

I saw the demo of the Alto's Cut 2 and had to have one. I absolutely love it. I find it doesn't take up any more space than a cutting mat and I keep it up at all times on microwave table I bought for $20 at a thrift store. It is wonderful for keeping my cuts straight and more accurate. It was well worth what I paid for it. I highly recommend it.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:28 PM

I don't have room for cutting mats either. I take my mat to the kitchen floor to cut. I hang my mats on the wall so they don't take up any room when I'm not using them.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by gale
I don't have room for cutting mats either. I take my mat to the kitchen floor to cut. I hang my mats on the wall so they don't take up any room when I'm not using them.
I am sure one day you will have a sewing studio of your own. Then you can have anything you want. It took me many years to get all my sewing and quilting equipment.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:38 PM

I do have a sewing studio. But I also do papercrafts and I have to fit everything for both into one room. I have, for papercrafting, two cricut machines, a wall of paper and embellishments, drawers full of stamps, ribbon, buttons, punches, ink, etc and a genesis paper trimmer which takes up quite a bit of room (but I LOVE my paper trimmer so there's no way I'd part with it). I also have the Accquilt go, 3 machines and a serger, 2 cabinets full of fabric, several drawers full of fabric, shelves of patterns and magazines, cabinets of notions, and somehow...even more. Not to mention my little netbook. I need to seriously do some purging again-I did about 6 mos ago but it didn't seem to make much of a dent. I just have too much stuff (oh and this doesn't include the dozen or so boxes of stuff in my entryway closet that I need to go through).
Old 11-06-2010, 05:40 PM

I do have a sewing studio. But I also do papercrafts and I have to fit everything for both into one room. I have, for papercrafting, two cricut machines, a wall of paper and embellishments, drawers full of stamps, ribbon, buttons, punches, ink, etc and a genesis paper trimmer which takes up quite a bit of room (but I LOVE my paper trimmer so there's no way I'd part with it). I also have the Accquilt go, 3 machines and a serger, 2 cabinets full of fabric, several drawers full of fabric, shelves of patterns and magazines, cabinets of notions, and somehow...even more. Not to mention my little netbook. I need to seriously do some purging again-I did about 6 mos ago but it didn't seem to make much of a dent. I just have too much stuff (oh and this doesn't include the dozen or so boxes of stuff in my entryway closet that I need to go through).
Sorry, All I do is mainly quilting so it doesn't take up to much room. All I have is 4 Featherweights, 2 301's, Brother 4000D, Viking SE, Pfaff 7570. Pfaff serger, singer 99K, singer 185J and an old Necchi!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:40 PM

I have the very first model of Altos and I love it! It is a very fine system and I have had mine for almost ten years!
I have replaced the mat but it still is wonderful.
Kirsten
Old 11-06-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Sorry, All I do is mainly quilting so it doesn't take up to much room.
Actually even when I only did sewing I still didn't have enough room! lol. I just like to buy too much I guess.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
Sorry, All I do is mainly quilting so it doesn't take up to much room.
Actually even when I only did sewing I still didn't have enough room! lol. I just like to buy too much I guess.
The one who dies with the most toys wins!!! LOL
Old 11-06-2010, 05:57 PM

Altos quilt cutter is the only way to go. Wouldn't live without mine.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:57 PM

Featherweight....do you have a family...you are toy poor.