Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Altos quiltpro or Truecut

Power Poster
    Hi, I have done a search on Quiltpro and Truecut and everyone likes them or doesn't. What I want to know which one is better. I look at the quiltpro and think its great, but then I look at the truecut and because I am more familar with that way of cutting I think that may be the way to go. Any opinions, please.

Are you talking about a Alto's Quilt cut? I have it and I love it. Haven't had any experience with the Truecut, Guess I can't help any huh?

Power Poster
    Thanks for the reply. At least your telling me that you like the Altos better. Are you making straighter cuts I guess is the question?

Quote Originally Posted by SueDor
    Thanks for the reply. At least your telling me that you like the Altos better. Are you making straighter cuts I guess is the question?
    Yes, I don't waste any fabric any more as I can cut Easier with the fabric locked in. I have arthritis in both hands and was letting the ruler slip whille cutting, as I don't have enough strength to hold the ruler steady. I was getting a lot of uneven strips.. NO MORE!!!

I have the Alto's and love it

Quote Originally Posted by wolph33
    I have the Alto's and love it
    I should sell these, I love mine so well that most of my quilter friends have purchased them also... They too are really pleased with the way they work..

I watched a vender use the Alto quiltpro and it was pretty amazing and did not waste fabric! I don't own it but loved the demo.

Blog Entries
    I don't have the $$ or room for the Alto so I'm going to buy the Truecut. My main problem is keeping my cutter butted up to my ruler so I don't think the Alto helps with that anyway.

I also have the Altos Quilt Cut 2 and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Holiday
    I also have the Altos Quilt Cut 2 and love it.
    Wouldn't trade mine for anything. With my weak hands and wrists I wouldn't be able to cut anything.

Senior Member ORSunshineQuilter's Avatar
    I saw the demo of the Alto's Cut 2 and had to have one. I absolutely love it. I find it doesn't take up any more space than a cutting mat and I keep it up at all times on microwave table I bought for $20 at a thrift store. It is wonderful for keeping my cuts straight and more accurate. It was well worth what I paid for it. I highly recommend it.

Blog Entries
    I don't have room for cutting mats either. I take my mat to the kitchen floor to cut. I hang my mats on the wall so they don't take up any room when I'm not using them.

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    I don't have room for cutting mats either. I take my mat to the kitchen floor to cut. I hang my mats on the wall so they don't take up any room when I'm not using them.
    I am sure one day you will have a sewing studio of your own. Then you can have anything you want. It took me many years to get all my sewing and quilting equipment.

Blog Entries
    I do have a sewing studio. But I also do papercrafts and I have to fit everything for both into one room. I have, for papercrafting, two cricut machines, a wall of paper and embellishments, drawers full of stamps, ribbon, buttons, punches, ink, etc and a genesis paper trimmer which takes up quite a bit of room (but I LOVE my paper trimmer so there's no way I'd part with it). I also have the Accquilt go, 3 machines and a serger, 2 cabinets full of fabric, several drawers full of fabric, shelves of patterns and magazines, cabinets of notions, and somehow...even more. Not to mention my little netbook. I need to seriously do some purging again-I did about 6 mos ago but it didn't seem to make much of a dent. I just have too much stuff (oh and this doesn't include the dozen or so boxes of stuff in my entryway closet that I need to go through).

I do have a sewing studio. But I also do papercrafts and I have to fit everything for both into one room. I have, for papercrafting, two cricut machines, a wall of paper and embellishments, drawers full of stamps, ribbon, buttons, punches, ink, etc and a genesis paper trimmer which takes up quite a bit of room (but I LOVE my paper trimmer so there's no way I'd part with it). I also have the Accquilt go, 3 machines and a serger, 2 cabinets full of fabric, several drawers full of fabric, shelves of patterns and magazines, cabinets of notions, and somehow...even more. Not to mention my little netbook. I need to seriously do some purging again-I did about 6 mos ago but it didn't seem to make much of a dent. I just have too much stuff (oh and this doesn't include the dozen or so boxes of stuff in my entryway closet that I need to go through).
    Sorry, All I do is mainly quilting so it doesn't take up to much room. All I have is 4 Featherweights, 2 301's, Brother 4000D, Viking SE, Pfaff 7570. Pfaff serger, singer 99K, singer 185J and an old Necchi!

I have the very first model of Altos and I love it! It is a very fine system and I have had mine for almost ten years!
    I have replaced the mat but it still is wonderful.
    Kirsten

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Sorry, All I do is mainly quilting so it doesn't take up to much room.
    Actually even when I only did sewing I still didn't have enough room! lol. I just like to buy too much I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    Sorry, All I do is mainly quilting so it doesn't take up to much room.
    Actually even when I only did sewing I still didn't have enough room! lol. I just like to buy too much I guess.
    The one who dies with the most toys wins!!! LOL

Altos quilt cutter is the only way to go. Wouldn't live without mine.

Featherweight....do you have a family...you are toy poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne120
    Featherweight....do you have a family...you are toy poor.
    Yes, I do have a family and they are grown, gone and have their own toys! And quilts made on my toys. I see you are from Westminster. Close to ???

PM'ed you