Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anita''s Arrowhead pattern in

There is a pattern in the "Quiltmaker " November/December 2010 magazine that I would like to try to make. But when I read the directions the block begins with an 8 inch square of two fabrics and after it is cut and sewn back together a couple of time I am to square it to a 9 inch square. I'm having a huge DUH moment. If I start with an 8 inch square how can I come up with a 9 inch square? Has anyone here made this block with these directions?

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've never done this block, but here is a link with pictures. Maybe it will be helpful.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quil...tag/novdec-10/

Nice block. I like it!

think of it in square inches - TWO 8 inch squares is equal to 128 square inches....one nine inch square is equal to 81 inches...the difference of 47 inches is lost in seam allowances and trimmed off edges...

Blog Entries
    Thank you KTBB, I never looked at it like that. Now it makes sense. I was wondering the same thing. Starting with a 8" and ending up with a 9" block.

Blog Entries
    This block is excellent. Her book Rotary Cutting Revolution is the only quilt book I bought this year.

My mom in law and I made this block this past weekend and it works out OK to about 9 inches square. Really cute and easy to do without a "pattern"!

Blog Entries
    Can someone explain how it goes together and where the cuts are made. The link only says "sew the seams and make the three cuts."
    Anyone up for a tutorial?

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    This block is excellent. Her book Rotary Cutting Revolution is the only quilt book I bought this year.
    I have this book on my wish list. How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by ktbb
    think of it in square inches - TWO 8 inch squares is equal to 128 square inches....one nine inch square is equal to 81 inches...the difference of 47 inches is lost in seam allowances and trimmed off edges...
    Thank you Ktbb! I knew there had to be an answer. Then I got to thinking last night (while laying in bed waiting for sleep to happen) that I had 2, 8 inch blocks that were being sewn together to make 1, 9 inch block so of course it would work!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast