Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anita''s Arrowhead pattern in >

Anita''s Arrowhead pattern in

Anita''s Arrowhead pattern in

Old 01-15-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by AnitaGrossmanSolomon
In fact, I must love Anita Grossman Solomon because, after checking my quilting library, I see that I now have all three of her books. And, yes, I collect books like I collect fabric. Should just be more proactive in putting the two of them together in actual quilts.
Would you marry me?
-Anita
LOL! I ordered the Rotary Cutting Revolution book from B&N this week so I can't wait to get it. Maybe it'll help me use up some stash. :mrgreen:
Old 03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Banned

My friend told me about it. I was just now looking for the pattern. She says it is easy. She said you can make it as large as you want as long as you can divide the number by 4.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Casperscott
My friend told me about it. I was just now looking for the pattern. She says it is easy. She said you can make it as large as you want as long as you can divide the number by 4.
Which pattern must be divisible by four? The finished block? The pair of fabric squares?
-Anita
Old 09-12-2011, 01:16 PM

I made two of these Arrowhead blocks this afternoon in about an hour. The instructions from Quiltmaker website were quite clear. However, when I got to the last step I could not get a 9" square - only and 8 & 1/2" square. I don't really see that as a problem, with this block if they are all consistent they will go together just fine...just a hair smaller. Would like to know where I went wrong though.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:03 PM

I just pulled the digital copy of the mag and got the PDF. I made 5, yes 5 blocks in one hour. I love how they look and when joined together they make another design. I am going for the whole quilt and just ordered the book. I tried to attach a picture but it isn't working.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:23 PM

It took me a minute too. On the page where she's showing you, her pictures are in columns instead of reading from left to right. The first pic on the left (tan background) shows the first seam - down the right side and across the bottom from right to left. The second pic down (tan background) shows the exact seaming again but you've turned the block end for end. The third pic down (on the cutting mat) shows where to cut. That pic has the white circles. Back to the fourth pic (upper middle) etc., etc. Hope that helps
Old 01-16-2012, 04:25 PM

Did you get some help tjradj?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:36 PM

Yes. Iam making a quilt for our bazaar in the fall from this pattern. Remember you are using 2 8" squares. This block come out fine. Might add you may want to press the seams that are in the corners open as it does get bulky.
Another tip make sure your ruler if using a 9" size have diagonal marks going both directions. I happen to be doing the 12" size and my squaring up ruler only had one diagonal mark and the 1/2" was added to the other 2 sides. Could not square blocks till I drew another line on back with Sharpie. This make the square in the center correct with 1/4" seams. Have fun.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 PM

If you will go to this link, the Anita's Arrowhead pattern is being offered by Quiltmaker as a FREE download:

http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/d...html?idx=12909
Old 01-18-2012, 07:14 PM

6 of us in my quilting group made these quilts last year. It was fun and they went together pretty easily. It is fun to see all the different ways they turn out because of the fabric choices.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t156910.html

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!