Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Another Marriage Announcement

Which means, of course, another quilt, LOL! I have a question regarding the batting for this quilt. Being a southerner, I usually use a low loft cotton or 80/20 cotton/polyester for batting. My husband's nephew will be relocating from Houston all the way to Canada and will reside with his new bride there. Where it's REALLY cold! Maybe there will be storms where the power will be out and the quilt will really be needed for extra warmth. Should I consider a warmer batting? Wool perhaps if it's warmer? If so, what, if anything do I need to know about working with wool batting? I'm concerned about the shrinkage. Please give me your opinion on this if you live in colder climes :)

Blog Entries
    I use different weights of duvet according to the weather. My quilt is for decoration more than for warmth. I use Warm & Natural because it is now possible to get it locally. Before that, everything had to have plain old ordinary polyester, because that is all there was to buy.

Banned
    i would use wool batting if you intent for them to actually sleep with this quilt.

Hi, I use 100% cotton and it is warm enough up here in Canada. I live in SW Ontario. It hand quilts or Machine very nicely. Hope this helps!!

I think the cotton would be warm enough, but the wool would be warm also.