Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any familiar with Marti Michelle patterns? >

Any familiar with Marti Michelle patterns?

Any familiar with Marti Michelle patterns?

Old 11-17-2014, 10:52 AM

I love them and have done several of her patterns. In addition to the blocks that come with the templates she also has a small book for most of the template sets. I found that using the Truecut No-Slip Ruler Grips on the templates really helps. One of the things I loved was that the templates allowed us to fussy cut parts of the block which made for some really pretty and interesting blocks,
Old 11-17-2014, 10:59 AM

Here is what the Truecut grips package looks like -well it seems can't get it to work
Attached Thumbnails truecut-grips.png   untitled.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 12:37 PM

I have done 2 BOMs using her templates. I myself hate templates and object to spending that much money for a set of rulers that are project specific . . . so I go home and do the block out in EQ then paper piece them. The rest of the ladies in the group seem to like the templates however. As with the other responses that you have received, the one thing the ladies say about the templates is that when you cut the corners correctly they piece together perfectly.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:20 PM

I watched their set up at the Houston show, they are very impressive and I was offered an awesome deal (which is the same as offered to everyone) but for $1,500 all I could think of was all the fabric & other things I was looking for that I could get and still have money left over. I would have to stop right there and not seen anything else if I went for the deal. One thing that did turn me off was I had the print out for 10, 45mm blades for $29.00 and I kept asking where they were but she wouldn't tell me until she ran out of trying to sell me the $1,500 deal, then I had to go around to the other side to stand in line for my blades. I am the type that when I say No Thank You I mean NO Thank You! PLEASE just tell me what I am asking for.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I watched their set up at the Houston show, they are very impressive and I was offered an awesome deal (which is the same as offered to everyone) but for $1,500 all I could think of was all the fabric & other things I was looking for that I could get and still have money left over. I would have to stop right there and not seen anything else if I went for the deal. One thing that did turn me off was I had the print out for 10, 45mm blades for $29.00 and I kept asking where they were but she wouldn't tell me until she ran out of trying to sell me the $1,500 deal, then I had to go around to the other side to stand in line for my blades. I am the type that when I say No Thank You I mean NO Thank You! PLEASE just tell me what I am asking for.
Seems to be you are referring to the expensive "Martelli" template system and not the "Marti Michell" template sets. Two different companies.