Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any Interest in Swapping Two Inch Squares? >

Any Interest in Swapping Two Inch Squares?

Any Interest in Swapping Two Inch Squares?

Old 07-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

DDuMouchel...Please read the guideline under the Swaps forum and remember that swap hosts have to be approved through PatriceJ.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:22 AM

There is already a 2.5" monthly charm swap going on. 2" charms are probably not the size a lot of us use but as each quilter is his or her own artist there is room to use all sorts of different sizes whether it is the norm.

IMHO concerning the swap process it would probably be less expensive and more convenient to have all the charms mailed to a central location swapped from there and mailed out to the participants. This of course will depend on the numbers of participates.

I say this because the participants would pay only one postage mailing to the central location and provide return postage to receive the swapped charms. Mailing the charms in one large envelope (preferably USPS flat rate) helps to contain postage cost and keep individual envelopes from getting crumpled in the mail.

I have been in both type swaps, mailing to a central location and paying postage both ways and sending individual envelopes and paying the postage separately. I find that you need to add extra support to the individual envelopes to keep them from getting eaten in the mail canceling machines which adds to the cost of postage per envelope. This has just been my experience.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

I sent you a pm.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
IMHO concerning the swap process it would probably be less expensive and more convenient to have all the charms mailed to a central location swapped from there and mailed out to the participants. This of course will depend on the numbers of participates.
I agree w/Havplenty.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:08 PM

Thank you, QuiltnNan, I did send a message to Patrice J. (and received a reply back) before bringing up the subject. I wanted to see how much interest there was and gain any useful feedback on the rules, such as the change to the mailing method suggested by Havplenty. Apparently there is NOT much interest in swapping this size charm but at least now my question has been answered and I can continue buying small batches of charms on eBay.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Power Poster

There are already several swaps on the board for 2.5" squares... haven't seen one for 2" squares yet. I'm sorry there wasn't more interest. I may have swapped....
Old 07-06-2014, 01:53 PM

DDuMouchel you can always swap individual charms with board members. Just pm each other with your agreed upon swap and mail to each other. I have done this several times also outside of the organized charm swaps.

So if only 3 of you want to swap 2" charms do it among yourselves. I must have done this at some time as I have several baggies of 2" charms in my stash but not enough to make anything substantial.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:04 PM

Give it a little more time DDuMouchel. A lot of people aren't online due to holiday plans over the long weekend.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:30 PM

I'm in for either size, and more than one set of 50.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by costumegirl View Post
I agree that 2 1/2" is a better size to go with. - can be used in many different designs
I would definitely do it if it were 2 1/2" squares as I am currently collecting them for a few scrappy quilt patterns I have. I would NOT participate if it is a 2"swap.