Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any Must see quilt shops/fabric stores in Dallas TX? >

Any Must see quilt shops/fabric stores in Dallas TX?

Any Must see quilt shops/fabric stores in Dallas TX?

Old 07-03-2014, 05:52 PM

Default Any Must see quilt shops/fabric stores in Dallas TX?

I will be in Dallas TX next weekend from helping a friend drive there for a job relocation. Some of Saturday and Sunday will be available for me to hit a few fabric shops/stores.

Any suggestions for must see shops/stores to visit? I will need to strategically plan my shopping trips in between social visits with colleagues. Plus I am flying out of Dallas sometime midday Sunday so I want to see what I can see in this short time span.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:17 PM

My personal favorite is in McKinney, a bit north of Dallas. Stitched With Love is a great store, especially if modern quilting is your style.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:19 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

How much time do you have?
There are bunches in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, just google for quilt shops in Dallas.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:10 PM

McKinney shop is Happiness is Quilting, 217 N. Kentucky St (972)562-2686. If you had more time Quilt Mercantile in Celeste is a wonderful shop. Address: 215 US 69 (215)568-8739 One street goes through the town not much there but a wonderful quilt shop.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:46 PM

Another shop in McKinney is Quilt Asylum-right off Hwy 75-Mckinney is about 30 min north of Dallas-but lots of highway construction is going on in the area. If You like batiks-Fabric Fanatics is in Plano-15-20 min north off of Hwy 75. Its on Haggard in sort of a wharehouse business building- Their batiks run about $9.95-its all batiks.

Another smaller shop in Dallas off Plano Road and Kingsley is Quilters Connection-
There is Fabric Affair in Richardson (small-mostly machines) off Coit and Beltline.
The larger shops that I know of are Quilt Asylum, Happiness is Quilting-Pat Sloan is giving 3 classes there starting the 16th. Quilt Mercantile in Celeste is great-love it-but it is a drive and in a small country town. It is a jog to get there from Dallas.
If Fort Worth -Cabbage Rose is great and there are some other shops in Denton, Carrolton and Lewisville-all within driving distance but a bit of a jog also. Depending on where you will be in Dallas-they maybe closer. These are west of Dallas and a tad north.
For shopping--you could go to North Park off 75 and Northwest Hwy-a trendy indo mall.
Or go to Halfprice books off Northwest Hwy-for a jaw dropping new/used book experience-love that place.
Are you flying out of Love Field or DFW
Also most of the quilt shops are closed on Sundays-enjoy Dallas-I lived there over 30 yrs
Jill
north of Dallas

Last edited by jillybean; 07-03-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:52 AM

Depending on where you'll be in Dallas my friend has an awesome shop in Cedar Hill.less than 25 min from Dallas straight down hwy 67 in Cedar Hill. She's normally there on Sundays anyway, so if you call her, (tell he LaQuita) sent you and ask if she'd let you come over Sunday she'll open the door for ya when you get there!

Btw; her name is Rhonda & it would be Well worth the drive'
Corner Square Quilts LLC

702 Cedar St, Cedar Hill, TX
(972) 293-0088

But if you only have Saturday, I agree with the ones listed in McKinney & Plano. Been to them all!
Have fun!!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:25 AM

Thanks for this thread info--I go to Dallas to visit relatives and will look up some of these!
Old 07-04-2014, 12:45 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Gosh, don't forget my buddy Sandy Brawner's Quilt Country in Lewisville -- just off I-35 barely north of Dallas, easily accessible from DFW airport. 8000+ fabrics and everything else! http://www.quiltcountry.com/

Jan in VA
Old 07-04-2014, 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=Jan in VA;6786052]Gosh, don't forget my buddy Sandy Brawner's Quilt Country in Lewisville -- just off I-35 barely north of Dallas, easily accessible from DFW airport. 8000+ fabrics and everything else! http://www.quiltcountry.com/

Had the pleasure of going to quilt country when in Dallas in May, just to look at all the fabric is fun! If you are heading here on I35, hop off in Carrollton and stop at the Old Craft Store in their downtown square, found some fabric there I had not seen here in Wisconsin.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:15 AM

The Quilt Asylum in McKinney is a great quilt shop