Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any tips for quilt show entries?

OMGosh.....congrat!!! Those are beautiful quilts and the judges obviously agreed :D How exciting!!

Cathy they are both amazing quilts!!!! I am curious, are they hand or machine quilted??

Very impressive - they do not look like the work of a newbie at all.

Congrats! They are beautiful.

Oh Wow - I don't know how I missed Pinwheels on Point yesterday. Gus and I folded the Log Cabin Sampler (we helped with the take-down of the show). It is quite lovely.

Cheers, K

Love both of them, but especially love the pinwheels on point. lovely quilt. congrats!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by laceybritt
    Cathy they are both amazing quilts!!!! I am curious, are they hand or machine quilted??
    Machine. The log cabin quilt is a king size. I did it in 2 ft x 2 ft sections, quilt-as-you-go, and then joined them with the (mostly red) sashing. Some straight-line stitching with my walking foot, and some FMQ.

The other one is 54" square. Mostly FMQ. The real fun part of this one was piecing the chain link border, as the pieces were very small -- each link of the chain was 4" square, with 16 1" blocks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CorgiNole
    Oh Wow - I don't know how I missed Pinwheels on Point yesterday. Gus and I folded the Log Cabin Sampler (we helped with the take-down of the show). It is quite lovely.

Cheers, K
    How neat! I'll have to look for you at the next group meeting -- I saw your photo on your blog ... so you cannot hide :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac
    Quote Originally Posted by CorgiNole

Cheers, K
    How neat! I'll have to look for you at the next group meeting -- I saw your photo on your blog ... so you cannot hide :-)
    Unfortunately Cub Scouts meets at the same time as the guild, so it is likely that I won't make it to another meeting until May since I'm both Den Leader for Webelos I and Assistant Cub Master... a little hard to skip those meetings.

Cheers, K

Congrats! We just had our Bi-Annual quilt show and I helped with the folding after the judging and color/workmanship and binding are the things that go into a prize winning quilt - which is why I will probably never have one - I hate doing binding; therefore, i'm not very good at it!~i need a one on one class for machine quilting and binding! Dr. said this a.m. that 11/10 I have to have my rotary cuff (R) scoped, and if I have to have surgery, I heard it was 6 mos. recovery time!AAUUGGHH, what will I do with no right hand for that long time? Think positive, think positive, think positive, ........
    t

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2