I've decided I really am my own worst enemy. Been gathering fabrics, for a couple of D9Ps. Sounds easy enough, right? Well, one is to be different blues . . . so I gathered together about a dozen blues but then discovered there were actually two different blue sets, neither really "feeling right" with the other. Back to the store, for more blues. Okay, that gave me 8 out of 9, which "felt right" together. Back to the store, for the last one. It looked great with "most" of the set but then one of the original 8 didn't seem right. Back to a different store. Found a couple new blues and decided one worked but not with the "old" new one. Today, I went back to the store again(!) and found one more hopeful blue. I'm almost afraid to set it next to the others. It's in the washer, right now. Luckily, I only need about a yard of each blue. I've exhausted Hobby Lobby, Joann's, and WalMart (WM was a major disappointment, this time). This is just a casual quilt, so I don't want to pay LQS prices. One way or another, I WILL make this work!
Oh, during this last trip, I found several coordinating purples! They may go with the purple paisley, I recently bought . . . or I may be forced to go back for the violet paisley (slightly different shade). I'll also need a few more purples . . . but am afraid to think about that, just now!
On the bright side, nothing will go to waste.