Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else fallen in love with Laurel Burch?

I absolutely love all of Laurel Burch's designs. I think it is because her colors really appeal to me. I have a lot of her fabrics but they are in waiting at this time for inspiration. I do have a couple of her mugs, two tote bags, some earings and two of her greeting card collections. Oh I forgot to add a Christmas wall hanging that I found at Goodwill. Yeah for Laurel Burch. I will look for the Laurel Burch quilt books, they sound interesting.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    I made a "Christmas Cat" pillow for my 6 yr old GD..she loves it...it was so much fun to make. I had no idea she died. I thought she was really young. I love her things...one of my favorites was a sweat shirt I got for Christmas several years ago...long since worn out!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Hi, I'm new here!

Saw this thread and thought I'd show you this Burch quilt I made. It's one of the simplest quilts I've ever made, but I had to whip something up for an occasion, and this way the busy fabrics were showcased.

--Q

I really like the bags the company makes from her fabric. Most of my collection is the horses, with a few cats thrown in as well.

Northwestern Lower Michigan/Seminole, Florida

Laurel Burch

Here is (I hope) a picture of a Laurel Burch quilt that I made a couple of Christmases ago for my sister-in-law. It was not too hard and turned out really nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

Several years ago my friend bought me a tote bag from Laurel's design. I love the color and the horses on it!
    Patricia

I love Laurel Burch, especially the Oceans Song pieces. I've been buying some pieces from ebay to keep for a future project. Just this week, the Oceans Song quilt kit, unopened and brand new, was listed. It went for $101.57. I wish it could have been me to buy it. But just no way right now. And I'm only a beginner. Maybe I should finish a few pieces before spending $100 on a kit I may never use. But even if I didn't use it, I would love looking at the fabrics.

ohhh yes, i love her too....i do have one of her books, mostly appliques, angels, looks a bit complicated for a beginner but eventually....i will keep my fabric for when i`m ready...

I received one of her purses as aChristmas present a few years ago and fell in love with her vibrant use of colors.

Sadly, she passed away a couple of years ago. Her designs are great and glad to hear that her family will allow them to be still sold. I never bought a lot, but did enjoy the socks I bought and was very sad when they wore out. Several people I know have totes of hers. I will have to check out her scarves...I wear a lot of those.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast