Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else fallen in love with Laurel Burch?

Quote Originally Posted by quilterpam View Post
    Where can I buy her earrings? I just ordered a tote from the Smithsonian with her blue cats. I buy everything I can of hers. I didn't know she any kind of books.
    I bought mine online - I think from Amazon.

Where can I buy her earrings? I just ordered a tote from the Smithsonian with her blue cats. I buy everything I can of hers. I didn't know she any kind of books.
    There is a website devoted to Laurel Burch and her designs. There is also a bio on the website and Laurel Burch items for sale. Google Laurel Burch and I am sure you will find it. I found it some time ago so I don't remember the acutal website. I think it is the website for the company that now produces her items.
    Sweet Caroline

Love love love her. I have a quick made from her aristocratic cat fabric on my bed right now and have a celestial quilt I also made with her stuff. I made up the cat quilt myself and got the celestial quilt out of a magazine and sort of "tweeked it" I have no real experience with her books but I have two handbags and carryalls with her fabric so I'm a lover.

I love anything Laurel Birch. I have several of her fabrics, the horeses, the mermaid lot of cat etc. I have several of her books also....oh one day I will get the inspiration do use those in a quilt/

I have quite a bit of her fabric and 3 quilt books. I've never made any of the quilts in the books but I love getting out the books and reading them and enjoy all the photos and ideas. I actualy have not cut very much of the fabric but I did make a diaper bag out of her jungle print a couple of years ago.

wow I didn't know all of these things this has been very informative for me.
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

Hasn't she been gone for a while?
    Some people visit paradise, I live there.

She was wonderfully talented and creative, achieving a great amount of success despite health problems. I have a lot of her fabric and hate to cut it!

I love her style so much. I had no idea she had books also. Where have you found those books?

I love the rich colors she's used in her fabrics. I made a tree skirt from a print this year. The print is the triangle w/ a French braid for the rest. Each braid is a color from the print. Its gorgeous!

Yes, I love her fabric, too. I have some and a large tote bag I found in the airport in Albuquerque, NM last year. When I saw it, I just had to have it! Glad that the family is continuing her wonderful designs.

I bet that jacket is really beautiful! You will have to post a photo, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Great Grandma Judy View Post
    I too am sorry of her passing, I have liked her fabric for many years. The project that I am working on is a quilted jacket with her fabric. One of these days I will get it done.

Blog Entries
    Where can I buy her earrings? I just ordered a tote from the Smithsonian with her
    blue cats. I buy everything I can of hers. I didn't know she any kind of books.
    A large assortment of Laurel Burch jewelry, scarves, bags and socks are available from The Spotted Cat Company, and they even have sales, unusual for LB items. I've bought some of each of those categories over time, and always on sale, usually 40-50% off. I'm into cats myself, but in spite of the site's name they also carry her other designs. Other designers too, but no fabric or quilt books. They also offer 15% off your first order, even for the on-sale items. www.thespottedcatcompany.com.
    Last edited by suzanprincess; 01-02-2012 at 01:35 AM.

I'd never heard of Laurel Burch before I read this thread. I really love the bright, vibrant colors so.......you know the rest of the story. I have several yards coming. Also got to checking out other things in her line and since hubby and myself are going on a business trip next month decided I needed (Ok....wanted a new travel tote.). Not only did I buy the large tote but also got the smaller bag to put my Redwork in and maybe some quilt pieces to put together by hand while in the car and in the hotel. Name:  tote.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  34.3 KB Name:  bag.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  9.1 KB I'm more of a dog person so when I saw this I fell in love with it!!
    Kim

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

I have borrowed many quilting books from the library prior to purchase... I love the Laurel Burch look and feel, so I bought them outright... .
    I got fabric.... Now I need time .
    Theresa

Me too, I have a tote full of her fabrics, and could always buy more, I have earrings, socks, a book of hers, also journals and papers and cards. Love her art. They will keep bringing out her stuff for years to come I would imagine. There was talk about bringing out some of her past fabrics new again. I also have a couple of yards of tapestry with the cats on it from her, I love it. It is fun to look at even if you don't use it and the panels are wonderful too.

Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress View Post
    I have a shelf just for her fabrics....love them all. Even have them in yards, fq, and such. Also have about 10 pairs of her awesome socks which look like her fabrics, jewlery, books, coffee mug......so I guess I do love her work too. Glad her family is continuing her line.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Welcome to the group and your quilt is quite cute. A good way to show off her art work for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Quossum View Post
    Hi, I'm new here!

Saw this thread and thought I'd show you this Burch quilt I made. It's one of the simplest quilts I've ever made, but I had to whip something up for an occasion, and this way the busy fabrics were showcased.

--Q
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Very pretty quilt. I have never bought much of her Christmas fabrics and I love it too, just never have. I also have a tote and mugs of hers added to the prior things I mentioned on the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret53 View Post
    Here is (I hope) a picture of a Laurel Burch quilt that I made a couple of Christmases ago for my sister-in-law. It was not too hard and turned out really nice.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

I ordered the "Home Tweet Home" for part of my Christmas. I didn't know she's passed away. I have friends that salavate over her designs and I have seen a few that I really like, but until recently, just didn't bite the bullet for her paterns. Most friends say they are really difficult to do and they don't understand them...guess I'll go in as usual and plunge head first! That's the way I do....nothing is out of my reach, unless I allow it to be!
    Those who are piecemakers will sew seeds.

Hugs,
    Drue

My daughter and I fell in love with Laurel's cats, I think about 20 years ago. At that time she had designed jewelry which was selling around the shopping malls. Of course, she went on to other things but since then I still have the earrings I bought, a large matted and framed cat print of hers as well as a quilt I made a few years ago for my daughter. I'm not sure who is following her to produce new things but they are a credit to her memory and her talent.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I collect her fabric. It is to pretty to cut.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Here's a site that has loads of her things and they're having a huge sale! http://www.porterhousecrafts.com/cat...-n-scarves.htm
    Kim

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

Thanks for sharing. It's beautiful. I Love Laurel Burch art .Also read her Bio . She had a tuff road.
    Loving Life

Blog Entries
    I have earrings, a coffee mug, a little fabric, and several bags by Laurel Burch. I fell in love with her art when I got into having cats as pets. I love her cat items. So sorry she is no longer with us.

a small village about 65 miles north of NYC
    I LOVE Laurel Burch - the joy and vibrancy of her designs are an instant smile whenever I see one of them. I have many of her fabrics, when I heard she had died, I was afraid to cut any of them, but now that I know her designs will continue to be sold, I will not hoard the ones I have. I was beginning to feel like Gollum, stroking them and saying "My precioussssss!"
    He who cuts his own wood is warmed twice, but she who makes her own quilt is warmed forever - SLR 11/7/2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast