Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else impressed by the 'avatars'?

I don't know if I even have that word right - it is a new one for me. But I look at the avatars and very often wish I could see that quilt, quilt block or project in a larger picture. Some of them are absolutely beautiful - I'd just like to have a better look at them.

If you want a bigger picture just pm the person and they'll usually tell you where to find a bigger picture on here. Most of us have posted larger pictures of our avatars at one time or another. If not, most of us would if it was asked for. People on here are very good about sharing patterns that can be shared or telling where you can purchase one if it's copywrited.

Blog Entries
    Folks will usually post a large picture of their avatar you request it. Some of them are already posted.

Good thought I have thought the same thing.
    ConnieF

Blog Entries
    I seem to recognize quilters by the picture in their avatar rather than their name! So interesting even those pics not quilts

I love the avatars... The reason I don't have one is because I cannot get the photos off the camera onto the laptop. I will keep trying or perhaps will use a friends PC.

Blog Entries
    For a larger picture of someones avator I usually just zoom and inlarge pic by about 200% then if I want the pattern I inquire about it

And isn't it confusing when someone changes her avatar? (I've been thinking it's about time for me to do that.)

Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    And isn't it confusing when someone changes her avatar? (I've been thinking it's about time for me to do that.)
    But your avatar is so beautiful!!!!!

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    I love looking at other quilters' work ~ and thinking "I wanna make that too"... (ahem, like Dunster's gorgeous quilt! Or Holice's beautiful rainbow Dahlia derivative... the list goes on)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast