Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried this??

http://www.quiltpro.com/go.php?id=Tr..._half_mainpage

I was wondering if anyone has tried this, and what their feedback on it would be.... I HATE hst's in mass quantities and would love to get more comfy with them. :)

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've never tried it. I've had good luck with the cut 1" larger than you need, sew, cut and square up method. Although it did take me a few zillion wonky blocks to get there.

I just bought Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day Triangle Square Up Ruler and I think it is going to solve all my HST issues. It was $14.99 at JoAnn's, but I used a 40% off coupon and got it for $8.99.

I have never seen the quilt pro system before, but I am not a Thangles lover so I don't think it would work well for me.

Hmm. That might be neat.

Blog Entries
    I used to draw the grid on the lighter side of my two fabrics and then did a continuous grid sewing. It is based on the same concept as the grid paper. It worked for me and when I have multiple sets of HSTs to do, I use that method.

I have the E.burns square up ruler and I really like it. It makes hst much faster and easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I used to draw the grid on the lighter side of my two fabrics and then did a continuous grid sewing. It is based on the same concept as the grid paper. It worked for me and when I have multiple sets of HSTs to do, I use that method.
    Me too.

I haven't used this exactly, but something like it. It does produce accurate, square blocks, as long as you stitch on the lines just right. My sister and I have used it when making quilts with lots and lots of HST--saved a lot of time!

Blog Entries
    the triangle papers will be helpful IF you remember all the same things you need to remember if you're making HSTs without them.

when you're done, there's all that paper to tear away. guess how careful you have to be while tearing it away if you don't want to stretch your HSTs out of shape.

save your money.

starch your fabrics.
    sew with a scant 1/4".
    press carefully.

practicing any new skill is a pain, but well worth it in the end.

Blog Entries
    I would think that if you don't want to distort your seams, you would have to shorten your stitch length like in PP. Also, you would have to be making a lot of the exact same blocks for this to work well :D:D:D

I am with Patrice on this... that is a LOT of paper tearing, especially if you are making tiny little blocks...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast