Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone use the Bernina Binding Attachment for bindings?

Anyone use the Bernina Binding Attachment for bindings?

Has anyone had good success with the newish foot/attachment #88 to do their bindings? http://www.bernina.com/en-US/Product...r-feet-us/-95C

I believe there are 3 sizes with the #88 that do the double fold binding and I would like some feedback on it.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    I will be interested in the answers you receive.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

I've seen it demonstrated but it's too costly for me.
    Proud grandma of Coast Guard grandson and Air Force granddaughter!

Banned
    I would like to see answers as well, I am seriously considering it.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
    I've seen it demonstrated but it's too costly for me.
    Do you remember the general cost? And from what I understand each of the three sizes is sold separately, right?

Blog Entries
    I don't know about these newer binding feet. I know that Bernina used to offer 3 binders for vintage machines, but they ultimately took the quilting binder off the market because it did not work very well on the thickness of quilts. The other sizes had quite a learning curve, but could be used successfully for binding the edges of sleeves on little girls' dresses, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    I don't know about these newer binding feet. I know that Bernina used to offer 3 binders for vintage machines, but they ultimately took the quilting binder off the market because it did not work very well on the thickness of quilts. The other sizes had quite a learning curve, but could be used successfully for binding the edges of sleeves on little girls' dresses, for example.
    The videos of these binders show that they seem to work very well. You're supposed to do a basting stitch around the quilt before use to deal with any thickness issues. However, I've not found any good close ups of the final stitching on the back of the quilts. I guess what I'm asking, is would it mainly be for quilts that get used or would the binding pass the muster of judges at a show?

The one I looked at runs about $169 at my local Bernina dealer plus the presser foot you need runs about another $25. I'll do mine the old fashioned way, thank you.

It looks good on the video, but I have never tried one or seen a quilt up close that it was used on. The lady at my LQS did bibs and pot holders with one several years ago. It did a nice job on them, but they weren't as thick as a quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer View Post
    It looks good on the video, but I have never tried one or seen a quilt up close that it was used on. The lady at my LQS did bibs and pot holders with one several years ago. It did a nice job on them, but they weren't as thick as a quilt.
    I thought these binders were new??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast