Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Avatars

Every time I open this board, I get started reading new threads and then find myself going through looking at all the little avatars under peoples' names! They are so delightful, and say so much about the person, I think. It makes me want to learn more about who you are and what other quilts you have done. I like the dogs and cats and babies, but mostly the tiny pics of your latest quilt, or your sewing machine, etc. Am I the only one who gets into this kind of thing? After a while I find myself following someone who has sweet things to say, or funny posts, or good ideas. No, I'm not stalking, just enjoying the company here! One of these days I'll have to change my little pic, because I don't only do crazy quilts.
    Lynn in VT

Oh I to love the avatars on peoples postings. I think if I ran into someone from the board, I would not know them my name but by the photo they used.

Blog Entries
    oh yes the avarars are great, mine is of my dancing mugs I made for when I had a little cafe' in North Dakota, I hand dyed all the fabrics, it is now hanging in my quilt studio.
    dare to dream

Blog Entries
    I love the avatar pictures, and wonder if they are quilts designed, or quilts made, or the top item on the bucket list, or a beloved pet past or present, or grand kids. Just love to look.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Junior Member wildwoodflower12390's Avatar
    I love looking at the avatars, especially the quilts, I am a slooooooooo quilter with several projects on my 'bucket list' mine is one of my paintings.

I also especially like to look at the quilt avatars. Is there a way to make the avatars bigger? I would like to see the detail better.

Dayle

Power Poster
    Enjoy looking at them also but just haven't done it yet.

I, too, love the avatars and keep trying to enlarge them by clicking on them...never works!

Blog Entries
    Avatars are really, really, small pictures to begin with so when you enlarge them, they become blurry, but you can enlarge them a bit by holding down the "ctrl" key and clicking the plus key (shift and the = key) until its large enough to see, and not so blurry that you can't see a clear picture. To get the screen back down, just hold down the "ctrl" key plus the minus key (key to left of the = key).
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

I'm with JennieAndMe - I'd love to enlarge the avatars to see more detail. Tried Mzzzzquilts' suggestion, but only got the full-screen option for the entire thread. Some avatars go on my to-do list, some make me smile (pet photos) and some make me really envious (the skill involved in making the quilt shown).
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast