Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: awesome use of a bedskirt!

Tonight I discovered that I can get 8 yards x 2.5" strips for binding cut from the right bedskirt!! No need to piece this baby! It is going to go all the way around with a lot left over for the throw size quilt I'll be binding tomorrow. Hmmm, checking the time, make that later today. LOL, better get myself to bed.
    Nite all!

Great Tip.... and they end up on clearance, wonder what the center pieces could be used for ?? light weight sheers, or piece backing? Hummm

What a great idea! I love the look of bedskirts but can't use them since I have a pillowtop mattress and unless the bed sits on the floor, I can't get into it very easily. That is what happens when you are short! LOL

Cool idea...second hand they are very cheap or sometimes free. Last time I was Op-shopping the ladies at the Church said they were happy to give them away. They don't get too much wear either. You clever quilter!

I love bed skirts, too, but had two beds that they wouldn't work with. So I removed the center part that usually covers the mattress and applied 3/4 inch elastic all the way around the top, making sure the elastic was a couple of inches shorter than the girth of the bed where I wanted the bed skirt to hang. Works just great! I'll have to post a pic in the mext day or so.

Great idea to use for binding, too!

I have used baby bed ruffles to make quil tops but I just cut them up. They get no wear so they are in great shape.

Neat idea, i just picked up a brand new still in the pkg one at thrift store for 99 cents.

Power Poster
    Great idea!

Thanks for sharing. I always skip over the bedskirts when I'm at Goodwill or Savers.....now I can't wait to get back to those stores and take another look!

SEW
    I never would have thought to use a bed skirt in that way! thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast