Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baby Lock Sophia

Blog Entries
    Is anyone out there familiar with this machine. I was in a quilt shop today and this machine was on sale for $800.00 - normally, according to the shop owner, prices at 1, 800.00. I have REALLY been wanting an embroidery machine, but was also hoping to purchase something with a longer/higher throat too!! Does anyone out there have this machine, and if so, do you have any comments on the pluses or negatives of this one??

I don't have the Baby Lock Sophia, but I do have a Baby Lock Elegante 2. Before that I had a Baby Lock Ellageo. I love my Baby Lock. The Sophia doesn't look very big and the largest you could embroider is 4 x 4.

http://babylock.com/sewing/sofia/

This is the Babylock website and you can look at all the features to see if this is really what you want.

Blog Entries
    There are so many embroidery designs that I would love to do, but the largest my machine will do is 4 X 6. I thought originally that would be plenty big enough...but it isn't LOL
    Some of the newer designs smallest ones won't even fit in that hoop size.
    Just throwing in my 2 cents worth.....

I would be hard put to get any thing that didn't embroider at least a 5x7 design and I really like the freedom of my 6x?, my Pfaff has an even larger hoop but I haven't really explored all of this yet.
    Kirsten

Blog Entries
    $1800??? That is WAY too high. My dealer sells it for around $600 last time I looked. You could probably buy an Ellure Plus for that price and it will do 5x7.

Like the others have said, I'd look for one with 2 hoop sizes. The most common being a 5 X 7 and 4 X 4 or you will wish you had.

Yeah, I agree with the others. If you are interested enough in embroidery to get a machine, be sure to get one with larger hoops - you'll fall in love with embroidery and soon will be using the bigger hoops.