Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Baby lock

Blog Entries

Baby lock

Sofia baby lock...$700.00 at quilt store with lessons/instructions. What do you think?

Blog Entries
    Good price but you may eventually want a machine that has a bigger hoop. 4" is too limiting. I know 1/2 doz. people that bought the Sophia and upgraded after a short time.

Nice machine but i agree you will outgrow the hoopsize quick
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info. I did not think of the hoop size. I love the needle threader. Will look into your suggstions

I just purchased a Baby Lock Jane...........to replace my Brother 1500! EXACT same machine but since Brother has gone to a lot of plastic, I deceided to stay with the heavness I am used to. This machine only sews a simple striaght stitch but she will do to to PERFECTION everytime!!! I have FMQ up to a King size quilt without a frame....honestly, a bit big even for me!!! but baby, lap and twin sizes are a piece of cake!!!!!!!!!!!! With a good machine trade in, the price was about 600, I think retail was close to 1,000......but worth every penny....IMO!

I have a Babylock Serenade which is close to a year old, and I love everything about her! Check out that one. It has exactly every feature I wanted in my machine. No problems whatsoever.

Blog Entries
    The machine Singalong is considering is an embroidery machine. I also was told by a dealer that the Serenade has been discontinued. Ive been really impressed with Babylock products

Blog Entries
    I also have the Serenade and love it. Sorry to hear they have discontinued her.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

Blog Entries
    I have 3 baby locks. My Decorator Choice I use for my classes. My Baby Lock Quilter quest use at home for most of my sewing.
    Now my very favorite in my Baby Lock Ellisimo, I used that mostly for my embroidery, I also use my 8 x8. or my 8 x 11 1/2 mostly for all my embroidery. I had a brothers with a small hoop and never used it, for most of what I do I use the bigger hoops. I do a lot of custom made tote bags with something embroidered on them.
    Nancy. . . Alameda, Ca.