Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: baby number quilt

baby number quilt

I want to make a baby quilt that teaches number. For example 1 dinosaur, 2 airplanes etc. My problem is I am not sure how to design my quilt. I would love suggestions. Also if anyone knows of any pictures either her or else on the internet I would appreciate them.

Thanks
    Janie

Blog Entries
    Children"s coloring books are a good place to start. Look to your search engine. There is also a site called Four Twin Sisters who have very basic applique shapes but about 487 of them. Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
    Children"s coloring books are a good place to start. Look to your search engine. There is also a site called Four Twin Sisters who have very basic applique shapes but about 487 of them. Hope this helps.
    This Is good.

Blog Entries
    i usually Google free children's coloring pages. there are a lot of them.
    Nancy in western NY

ditto re coloring pages

Quote Originally Posted by appliquequiltdesigns View Post
    I want to make a baby quilt that teaches number. For example 1 dinosaur, 2 airplanes etc. My problem is I am not sure how to design my quilt. I would love suggestions. Also if anyone knows of any pictures either her or else on the internet I would appreciate them.

Thanks
    Janie

I made a baby quilt for my first ggs earlier this year. I made every other block a 9 and the other block plain white. On the plain block I appliqued some boy things. I made a dinasour, a lizard, a boat, an airplane, a truck and can't remember all the rest. The quilt turned out cute and I think it will be a keepsake for the baby even though I told the mother to use it I don't think she will.
    Lorraine

Blog Entries
    I seen the cutest quilt, I think it was on this board, and designed by the board member.

It was done as a row quilt, eg: the first row could be one train, second row could be two houses, third maybe three
    Trees,and so on. Matbe someone else remembers the quilt. I think it had like 10 fishes and 9 rubber ducks
    fatquarters

Thank you all for your replies. I guess I was not clear on what I am looking for. I am looking for pictures of number quilts, not the item that go on the quilt. I have tried to find them on the internet, but haven't had any luck in searching under "number quilts" Does anyone have any ideas what other things I could look under?