Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: baby quilt

Ok My two nieces are having babies. One is having twin boys and the other is having a boy. I have lots of patterns for little girl quilts but none for little boys. Let me know any suggestions you have . I have three quilts to make. Send pictures too.

My DD has 4 boys & I made each of them a "cowboy" quilt out of western fabrics one year. Just find some "boy" material & make a regular pattern out of it. Animals, cars, sports - something like that.

I only have one DGD so have had to be creative in coming up with things to make for boys. You will find something really special I am sure. Let us see pictures when you have finished!

Polly

You could make quilts using boy stuff -- animals, trucks, cars, cowboys, fire engines, etc. I've also made quilts for little boys using the rail fence pattern with "boy" colors of blues and browns....

I've done frogs and trains for boys. Also- brightly colored animals and jungle theme.

Lots of ideas here- my favorite FAST baby quilt- alternate a strip (usually 6 inches wide with a column of rail fence. Start with a focus fabric and alternate, ending with a focus fabric. Here are pics of my newest nephew'S.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails attachment-31446.jpe   attachment-31230.jpe  

This was my first baby quilt (and actually first completed quilt) and I confess it was a kit but I love it. Its flannel and big enough for when the bean is in a toddler bed..

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g/4923a455.jpg[/IMG]

The following site has several baby quilts that can be used for boys or girls, depending on the fabric. The site is http://www.appliquequiltdesigns.com/baby-quilts.html

Janie

Have you thought about a disappearing nine patch? It would be cute with one boy fabric and the rest coordinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    I've done frogs and trains for boys. Also- brightly colored animals and jungle theme.

Lots of ideas here- my favorite FAST baby quilt- alternate a strip (usually 6 inches wide with a column of rail fence. Start with a focus fabric and alternate, ending with a focus fabric. Here are pics of my newest nephew'S.
    What a cute quilt. I'm thinking this could be one I would enjoy making. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyhawke520
    This was my first baby quilt (and actually first completed quilt) and I confess it was a kit but I love it. Its flannel and big enough for when the bean is in a toddler bed..

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...g/4923a455.jpg[/IMG]
    I like that. I really want to use flannel. Its so soft and cuddly, just like a baby.

Thanks everyone. What a great group you are. So many wonderful suggestions. I knew I could count on you guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast