Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Babylock Ellure >

Babylock Ellure

Babylock Ellure

Old 07-02-2014, 06:37 AM

Default Babylock Ellure

Anyone have the BL Ellure (BLR). I'm looking at getting a used one for my daughter. I believe it has "cards" not a USB. Should I skip it and go for something newer? It's in pristine condition and my daughter is a beginner though not a newbie. Except for the cards vice usb I think it would be the perfect level for her. Thanks y'all.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:07 AM

I have one, I don't use it because it's too much hassle. You can buy cards all ready to use (expensive) or use a little gadget (Magic Box) to program the desired design on a blank card. I have to use a computer with windows XP with this. The Magic Box company does not support their product anymore. Windows XP is not supported by Microsoft anymore. Preparing the blank cards is time consuming. I do like the results once the project is finished. I bought a newer and bigger embroidery machine. My Ellure is nice to use as a sewing machine. I keep it as a good back-up machine.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:20 AM

I had an Ellure Plus and upgraded the next day to an Ellageo Plus. The Ellure was a pain to use, couldnt see the image on the monitor. Just too much hassle. I belong to an embroidery group and a few have had the Ellure and upgraded. My suggestion is to upgrand or forget it. The other one to avoid is the Esante. It wont use a flash drive. Has to be connected to a computer all the time. Go to babylock.com to see the specs on each machine then decide
Old 07-02-2014, 01:00 PM

It's as much of a workhorse as its Brother counterpart - the PC 6500. I've had both. The Amazing box and card are available, Babylock owns Amazing box now. I've used it for a Viking Rose.

I have the no longer sold Cardworks from Babylock. I use it with a Pfaff 2170. I prefer the BL digitizing to Pfaff/Viking.

I have a 12x12 hoop. I've used it once. My favorite is a 130x130 adjustable. Does 90% of my embroidery.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:41 AM

I have one and it's a wonderful machine. However, I haven't used the embroidery attachment since the first year I bought it. The salesman 'convinced' me (a novice quilter) that this machine was the best one for me. I've not been disappointed, though I'm always aware I bought more than I needed. Very interesting about the non-support issues. My other conflict was I have a Mac so the incompatibility has always been a barrier. We have a PC in the house but my Mac is what I enjoy using.
Perhaps I'll upgrade sometime but no need this year.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:46 AM

Well I have the ellure plus....rip off......is all I can say...should have stuck with Viking or brother......hate to buy another -and trade in is pitiful.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:51 AM

I'm trying to decide what sewing machine to buy. I have had two different Brothers and have not been happy with them so I'm looking at a Viking or Pfaff sewing machine but not sure which one. The reason I'm not happy with them when it comes to putting squares together and you sew over the seams the line is not straight. I don't think I need an embroidery machine I just need a machine that will work with different thickness of material.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:23 PM

If all you need is for quilting, then why not a single stitch machine like the Brother or the Juki?
I think that a vertical bobbin machine, does far better with some types of sewing. My 2170 has a vertical bobbin, but still not all the adjustments I'd like manually. Especially the tension and foot pressure. The cost from Allbrands isn't that bad. Go read posts from Peggi (peckish) she has the machine and can help most anyone.

What impressed me most about the PQ1500 - Getting a zipper in a slippery satin dress straight. 2170 wouldn't do it, the Brother did.

Nothing wrong with an offline computer with XP - I have one in the craft room specifically for embroidery, quilting, and paper cutting.