Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Sewing Machine Karma at my house!!!

Blog Entries

Bad Sewing Machine Karma at my house!!!

I am beginning to to think that anything in my house that is computerized, plugs into the wall or costs more than a weekly paycheck is possessed ! It started on Thursday evening. My other half got a brand new iPhone. Friday morning MIL called and you can't hear on the new phone. So it went back to AT&T on Friday morning and had to be shipped to Apple for repair (Couldn't just do an exchange, Apple won't let AT&T do that) Had to get a prepaid phone to use until iPhone comes back due to work.

Friday nite, I was sewing along on a baby quilt, trying to get it done before Monday. Janome worked just fine. Then I started to FMQ. The machine started making BAD BAD BAD noises. So 'Nome went off to the sewing machine doctor today. This evening, I pull out my backup machine, a Singer Quantum. I get some stitching done and am starting to quilt straight lines in my sashing and the machine went BESERK!!! It started to speed up even though I took my foot off the pedal. It was going faster than it does when I sew with it at full speed. Of course, it didn't advance the fabric so it nested my quilt into the bobbin hole. I had to take the needle and foot off to try and cut only the threads and not the quilt. I got the quilt out and there is no damage to it, thankfully! I think I will wait until I get my Janome back in 7 - 10 days before I do anymore quilting!

With all this weird stuff going on, I'm even afraid to use the microwave! Might just radiate me and all the animals!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

You may have to have your minister come over and bless the house. Poltergeist!!! Just kidding. Think of it this way.....you're getting all your bad luck out of the way in one day.

With all this weird stuff going on, I'm even afraid to use the microwave! Might just radiate me and all the animals!!![/QUOTE]
    That's so funny! I'm so sorry that you are having so much trouble; but I love your sense of humor!

Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    With all this weird stuff going on, I'm even afraid to use the microwave! Might just radiate me and all the animals!!!
    That's so funny! I'm so sorry that you are having so much trouble; but I love your sense of humor!

[/QUOTE]

As a nurse for almost 20 years, my sense of humor has become so warped! I can't do anything to change whats going on so I might as well laugh about it!
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

That's the way to be! But I think that I'll send ya a hug too!{{{{{HUG}}}}}}
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    That's the way to be! But I think that I'll send ya a hug too!{{{{{HUG}}}}}}
    Thanks, I needed that!!!

I think everyone has a love hate relationship with computers

Your electric appliances must be related to mine: They all have souls and they hate me.

Sounds like a good time to sit down with a book (not and e-book) and relax. lol.
    katigirl

My 21 year old daughter has bad karma with electronics, especailly phones. She has gone through SIX in TWO years! We got her an iPhone 4 for Christmas - she didn't even have it a month before she dropped it in the water (long story, don'task - really....) so i feel bad for you but i can certainly relate. They are out to get us.......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast