View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 07:45 PM
auntpiggylpn

Default Bad Sewing Machine Karma at my house!!!

I am beginning to to think that anything in my house that is computerized, plugs into the wall or costs more than a weekly paycheck is possessed ! It started on Thursday evening. My other half got a brand new iPhone. Friday morning MIL called and you can't hear on the new phone. So it went back to AT&T on Friday morning and had to be shipped to Apple for repair (Couldn't just do an exchange, Apple won't let AT&T do that) Had to get a prepaid phone to use until iPhone comes back due to work.

Friday nite, I was sewing along on a baby quilt, trying to get it done before Monday. Janome worked just fine. Then I started to FMQ. The machine started making BAD BAD BAD noises. So 'Nome went off to the sewing machine doctor today. This evening, I pull out my backup machine, a Singer Quantum. I get some stitching done and am starting to quilt straight lines in my sashing and the machine went BESERK!!! It started to speed up even though I took my foot off the pedal. It was going faster than it does when I sew with it at full speed. Of course, it didn't advance the fabric so it nested my quilt into the bobbin hole. I had to take the needle and foot off to try and cut only the threads and not the quilt. I got the quilt out and there is no damage to it, thankfully! I think I will wait until I get my Janome back in 7 - 10 days before I do anymore quilting!

With all this weird stuff going on, I'm even afraid to use the microwave! Might just radiate me and all the animals!!!