Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bag pattern

I have been drooling over the tote bags on here recently. But I am sooo intimidated!! I bought my first pattern today at lunch - but now I am even more scared!!!! Not having worked from a pattern before I am a bit overwhelmed. It can't be that hard right??? :oops:

Blog Entries
    I bet you will do just fine :D:D:D
    If you do have a question, you can always come here for the answer :wink:

I agree. There are sooo many helpful people on here that if you have a problem, I'm sure that several people will help you. Good Luck!

Blog Entries
    What pattern did you get?! my first tote, was done with nickels(5" squares). so easy..no zipper either. when i grow up i want to be able to do zippers!

Aw, you'll do FINE! Like the others said, ifya need help, we're always here!

I felt the same way when I bought a pattern at a quilt show in Feb. Took the pattern out, and thought that it just didn't quite make sense. But when I actually started on it, and did it step by step, it wasn't bad. I now have a nice bag that I enjoy using! Go for it!

You'll do great - and probably get hooked like the rest of us. I love all the different bags and have downloaded a bunch besides all I've bought. I'm sure - like my quilt patterns - there's not enough time to make all of them. Take a deep breath and follow 1 step at a time - you'll be done before you know it.

Thanks! I'll have to look at the pattern when I get home to remember the name of it. It was only $2.99 or so. But I think it says to use 5/8 seam allowance - that might take some getting used to!

I am also intimidated by tote patterns, this is embarrassing but I bought a pattern called "The easiest Tote Bag Ever", long story short, I ended up throwing my bag away, what a mess I made of it. Good luck with yours, maybe someday I will try again.

Blog Entries
    I want to make one also, have a pattern but when I look at the pattern I am intimidated also. Maybe we should challenge ourselves and see who can finish first. i do have a question for all those that have made one before do i need interfacing? or can I fudge and not use it, and just use batting? Sorry for piggy backing onto your post. Hope this ok???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast