Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Working On???????

Banned
    Its Memorial Day, hubbys at work, I'm taking a coffee break from sewing and was just curious IF anyone else was sewing and if so what are you working on? I got more squares cut out this week, then sewed into the smaller blocks. Today I finished those up for now and started putting together the big blocks. Got 2 done so far...... Gonna read for awhile then I'll go back to sewing. Heres myWIP
    Attached Images Attached Images

I won't be sewing today, we are having a big barbeque this afternoon and need to clean the house.
    Yesterday I almost finished a D9P top for neighbors daughter who will be 16 this next weekend. I'm really happy with how its turning out and such a quick pattern its really been fun to make. Tomorrow I will be back to the boomerang blocks.
    Muriel

Very pretty. It sounds like you are having a good day, enjoy.

Hoping to work on some stuff tonight. Just got back for the parade, and have to go pick strawberries!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AkAngel
    I won't be sewing today, we are having a big barbeque this afternoon and need to clean the house.
    Yesterday I almost finished a D9P top for neighbors daughter who will be 16 this next weekend. I'm really happy with how its turning out and such a quick pattern its really been fun to make. Tomorrow I will be back to the boomerang blocks.
    Muriel
    I can't wait to see it. Ahhhhhhhh a BBQ. Can I invite myself?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    Hoping to work on some stuff tonight. Just got back for the parade, and have to go pick strawberries!
    ahhhhhhh a parade AND strawberries? Lucky you. I love fresh strawberries

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear61
    Very pretty. It sounds like you are having a good day, enjoy.
    I actually am....... Its foggy & damp outside so its a good day to stay indoors

What who's sewing? I've been on this board all morning looking at all the great pics of everyone else's projects! I am working on the final border of a quilt for my best friend from high school. We've been friends for 45+ yrs., it's a surprise so I don't have a time frame to get it done. Those kind of projects suit me better as I have Fibromyalgia & never know when I'll be able to work on something.
    My DH is "on call" this whole weekend for his job & we have NO family where we live to make plans with for a cook-out, what a bummer! It's getting ready to storm so maybe it's a good time to sew! Everyone have a great day, but remember the reason for this Holiday! I want to thank all the military personnel past & present for their sacrifices to make this country the best ever!!!!!

I'm working on the "Memorial to a Bridesmaid Dress" wall hangings today. I finally found the right fabric for the last border! I'll post pictures later.

Right now, the things I have in progress are:

Sue's Purple Passion for my sister
    Candy Shoppe in tans and browns
    a tan and brown Log Cabin
    Rhapsody (it's all blue) 80 x 100 inches

Just finished putting all the borders on SIL's quilt. Now to make the binding. Also plan to work in a crazyquilt bed & table runner for my daughter for Christmas. Yesterday I made some houses for my funky neighborhood

working on the quilting for this quilt... 3rd time I am doing it. 1st and 2nd times I got so many puckers on the back that I just couldn't leave it and go on. I pulled out the quilting and started again. Not sure what worked, but this time is going well. I changed the batting. Took the backing apart (it had to be pieced) and re-squared it. Not sure if it was wonky to begin or if I had stretched it out of shape. And probably most important, using my new Janome 1600P instead of my little Brother.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeneK
    working on the quilting for this quilt... 3rd time I am doing it. 1st and 2nd times I got so many puckers on the back that I just couldn't leave it and go on. I pulled out the quilting and started again. Not sure what worked, but this time is going well. I changed the batting. Took the backing apart (it had to be pieced) and re-squared it. Not sure if it was wonky to begin or if I had stretched it out of shape. And probably most important, using my new Janome 1600P instead of my little Brother.
    I LOVE IT..... its adoreable

How too cute is that quilt :) :)

DeneK- for a second there I thought you had put crystals on the quilt. :)

Bev- looks like you got a lot accomplished.

I was working on some sashing for a quilt I need for next Sat. but I got sidetracked by a trip to the ER for my Dad. He slipped and fell and cracked his head open. (He's 77) Anyway, he's home now resting and I'm checking my email and I guess I will go connect the hoses on the pool and get it going. (I should be lounging in the pool but no one seems to care if it gets open)

I also need to find spouse- he's in the back somewhere mowing- I can hear him- and find out if the freezer in the basement is OK. It started to thaw for some unknown reason and I need to find out if I have to load everything up and take it to the office.

Will rescue this day.

I'm painting my room today, but hopefully in the next week I'll be starting back on my Diamond Log Cabin (see blog).

I'm setting up my new sewing room today. Trying to figure out the correct configuration. Sewing cabinet is together but we decided we have to lose the queen size bed. Hmmm now where to put that. That would mean having to clean out the old sewing room which is piled waist high with stuff. Oh well it needs to happen!

I finished a quilt for a graduation present. It's for my boyfriend's cousin who will be graduating high school next week.

Ripping out the binding that looks horrible on a cute charity quilt I am making. Oh well! Try again!

Quilting on my Downey Quilt for kids. My first Downey quilt - I like volunteering - gives you a warm, squishy feeling.

I've been hand quilting on a queen size Ohio Star in fall colors. I've been working on it for almost 2 years. Other projects get in ahead of it and I can't seem to stay with it. It has a lot of quilting on it. I'm quilting a star in each 4 inch block. That makes 9 all togther in each 12 inch block plus a row of small stars in all the sashing strips. I plan of having it finished soon and will post pictures. It is going to be really pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by DeneK
    Very cute panel quilt. It looks vintage.

Magnolia, Your quilt looks great. You picked perfect colors for that age...or maybe any age. I really like it.
    Audrey

I am currently reinstalling about 500+ songs to my Itunes. For the life of me I can't figure out how they got erased in the first place. I have been at this for days.....lol

Banned
    Right now I'm working on getting my fat butt to the couch and put my whopper feet up! :thumbup:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast