Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bailey Pro 17" or HandiQuilter Sweet Sixteen

Blog Entries

Bailey Pro 17" or HandiQuilter Sweet Sixteen

Hi to all, I am new to quilting and would like to get a longarm. Have narrowed it down to 2 options:
    Bailey Pro 17" or handiquilter Sweet Sixteen. Anyone had good / bad experiences with either?
    Thanks for your help.
    Scorpio1950

Blog Entries
    I love my HQ, but have you test driven both machines?
    Sadiemae

I love my sweet 16 and I tried many machines... what really sold me though was I like the dealer. I bought my first computerized sewing machine from her 17 years ago and she has helped me with many small and large problems. go with a dealer that you like.

Love my HQ but you must test both of them for yourself. I also love my dealer which you need to also check out. JMHO

TMK
    I have a Bailey 15. I love my machine. My husband also talked me into the stitch control and was happy I got it. Baileys are stretched Janomes. I went to test drive the Bailey at the place where they are made (just south of Rochester, NY - we live in just south of the Canadian border). Mr. Bailey is very helpful in person as well as on the phone. Great service. I have had it now for a year and have done 3-4 quilts with just FMQ (loop-d-loops) and pantographs. No problem at all. My is on a Grace Sturdy-lite frame which actually only allows me 8 good inches to work with so double check on frames if you don't already have one - if that is what you will use. I will be in search of a different frame in the next year or so. . I would recommend one mostly because of the price. Mine total, with stitch reg., cost me $2400. For the first one to own I felt it was worth the money and not the wicked price of the others i it wasn't going to be something you were going to me totally thrilled with.

If you need any further info, PM me.

Tina

Blog Entries
    I have a Bailey 17 Pro on an Original Grace GMQ frame (their first frame) and am able to quilt quilts up to 90" wide on it. I have about 14 inches of quilt-able space before I have to roll the quilt up to the next section. I love my Bailey machine. It's just like a basic sewing machine super sized so it's easy to use, has almost nothing that can go wrong with it, it's all metal like the old Singers etc. so it'll last forever. I got mine with the stitch regulator and it works well once you get it set up to your own liking. And...well...you certainly can't beat the price. The only drawback is you either have to go to NY to try one out for find someone near you who will let you try theirs. If you have problems with your machine Baileys will ship it back at their own expense and fix it for you. They are great about repairs!
    Janome D1822/Janome 4618LE/1946 Singer 15-91 in original cabinet
    Bailey 17 Pro/Grace Original GMQ Frame with No-Flex carriage upgrade