Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bargello Jacket

Has anyone made a jacket with the bargello quilting design? I bought fabric in pinks and blacks. I think 1" squares would be better than 2" squares. Who agrees? I have made other quilted jackets before but only in 4" squares and just a basic pattern. I hope I am not biting off more than I can chew. Wish me luck!!

I think your jacket is going to be beautiful! I have not done a bargello jacket, but did do a bargello quilt, which is really easy.

sounds beautiful

I made one years ago from a pattern designed just for bargello jackets. It came out really pretty, but the fit was not so good in the shoulder area. The pattern was for a set-in sleeve. I've made a few quilted jackets from the Heartwarming pattern, and the fit was much better. This pattern was designed to fit loosely.
    I know your jacket will be beautiful...Please post a photo! You've got me thinking of making patchwork jackets now!
    Karen in La.