Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Baseball themed quilt pattern

  1. #1
    Super Member grandme26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    2,540

    Baseball themed quilt pattern

    My soon to be 12 yr old grandson lives baseball. He has been playing since he was 3 yrs old. I want to make him a themed baseball quilt and have looked everywhere for a pattern. Does anyone know where I might find one for free or to buy. Thank you for the help.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

  2. #2
    Super Member Nanamoms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    3,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am gathering fabric right now for a baseball quilt. My 7 yr old grandson and 5 yr old granddaughter play baseball, too. Not sure what pattern I will use...I guess it will depend on the fabric designs when I get them all together. I will be watching this thread to see what others suggest!

  3. #3
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    metro Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,844
    How about using a snowball block? Perhaps you could "stitch" the white snowballs with red thread to make the baseball pattern.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

  4. #4
    Super Member JenniePenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,906
    I have a great pattern. I will scan a picture tonight, and you can let me know if you like it. It is from a magazine from about 5 years ago. Stay tuned.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."


    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

  5. #5
    Super Member needles3thread's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,610
    I have a book of sports quilt designs. If interested, I can give more info.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Keene, New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,271
    I bought alot of baseball fabric FQs and half yards. Cut to 8 1/2" squares on one and 6 1/2" on the other.
    Then I went to the MLB site of the teams my grandsons root for and downloaded some player, field and logo photos which I then printed on fabric
    Alternate block was a 9-patch on one quilt and a block I devised on the other.

  7. #7
    Super Member grandme26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth View Post
    How about using a snowball block? Perhaps you could "stitch" the white snowballs with red thread to make the baseball pattern.
    That is a good suggestion. Thank you.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

  8. #8
    Super Member grandme26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
    I have a great pattern. I will scan a picture tonight, and you can let me know if you like it. It is from a magazine from about 5 years ago. Stay tuned.
    atching

    Thank you. I will be watching.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

  9. #9
    Super Member grandme26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by needles3thread View Post
    I have a book of sports quilt designs. If interested, I can give more info.
    Yes, I am very interested. Thank you.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

  10. #10
    Super Member grandme26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Arkansas
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
    I bought alot of baseball fabric FQs and half yards. Cut to 8 1/2" squares on one and 6 1/2" on the other.
    Then I went to the MLB site of the teams my grandsons root for and downloaded some player, field and logo photos which I then printed on fabric
    Alternate block was a 9-patch on one quilt and a block I devised on the other.
    I have been after my daughter, GS's Mother, to pick some pics for me. I want to make both boys a sports type quilt. Older brother just turned 15 and is on the HS team. With my son's two little ones I have a lot of baseball quilts to make. Thank you.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.