Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baseball themed quilt pattern

Baseball themed quilt pattern

My soon to be 12 yr old grandson lives baseball. He has been playing since he was 3 yrs old. I want to make him a themed baseball quilt and have looked everywhere for a pattern. Does anyone know where I might find one for free or to buy. Thank you for the help.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Blog Entries
    I am gathering fabric right now for a baseball quilt. My 7 yr old grandson and 5 yr old granddaughter play baseball, too. Not sure what pattern I will use...I guess it will depend on the fabric designs when I get them all together. I will be watching this thread to see what others suggest!

How about using a snowball block? Perhaps you could "stitch" the white snowballs with red thread to make the baseball pattern.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

I have a great pattern. I will scan a picture tonight, and you can let me know if you like it. It is from a magazine from about 5 years ago. Stay tuned.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

I have a book of sports quilt designs. If interested, I can give more info.

Banned
    I bought alot of baseball fabric FQs and half yards. Cut to 8 1/2" squares on one and 6 1/2" on the other.
    Then I went to the MLB site of the teams my grandsons root for and downloaded some player, field and logo photos which I then printed on fabric
    Alternate block was a 9-patch on one quilt and a block I devised on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth View Post
    How about using a snowball block? Perhaps you could "stitch" the white snowballs with red thread to make the baseball pattern.
    That is a good suggestion. Thank you.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
    I have a great pattern. I will scan a picture tonight, and you can let me know if you like it. It is from a magazine from about 5 years ago. Stay tuned.
    atching

Thank you. I will be watching.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Quote Originally Posted by needles3thread View Post
    I have a book of sports quilt designs. If interested, I can give more info.
    Yes, I am very interested. Thank you.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo View Post
    I bought alot of baseball fabric FQs and half yards. Cut to 8 1/2" squares on one and 6 1/2" on the other.
    Then I went to the MLB site of the teams my grandsons root for and downloaded some player, field and logo photos which I then printed on fabric
    Alternate block was a 9-patch on one quilt and a block I devised on the other.
    I have been after my daughter, GS's Mother, to pick some pics for me. I want to make both boys a sports type quilt. Older brother just turned 15 and is on the HS team. With my son's two little ones I have a lot of baseball quilts to make. Thank you.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

I just made a Warm Wishes pattern for a baby due soon. I did the main block with bears playing baseball (different poses) and used red, white & blue for the 3 strips. It turned out very cute. You could any other fabric as the focus block. I will try to get DH to post a picture later. I bought several really cute baseball fabrics from equilter.com.
    Texas Sunshine, piney woods of NE Texas

I am in the process of making my 6yr old GS a "sports quilt"...no kidding, that's what HE called it...so I just cut some 7.5 squares of everything sports-related I had in my stash (included baseball, football and soccer) and then backed it with some football helmet material. His Mama likes it so I guess I'm home safe with it...
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

My youngest grandson loves baseball and he plays violin. My oldest is a brainiac and loves knowledge of any kind. I had so much fun buying fabric for both of them.

Somebody on this board suggested 'Warm Wishes' pattern and I'm going to use that one for the youngest. Not sure about what pattern I'll use for the oldest yet. I'm also going to include some pictures of them, too. It's going to be a blast making these quilts.

Here's the picture of the pattern I have in a magazine. This makes a quilt that is 71 x 82. The magazine it appears in is The Quilter, July 2004.
    I'm willing to take the pattern out of the magazine but I do want to keep the rest of the magazine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    That quilt that JenniePenny posted is really cute. But if you want something simpler, how about this with baseball fabric? I didn't make this one--just saved the picture for future reference for MY grandsons.
    Name:  Danny's quilt pattern possibility.JPG
Views: 3191
Size:  1.28 MB
    Sue

Blog Entries
    What fun ! It's baseball season. I am making a base ball quilt too, for a friend who is a BB fanatic. I am using a variation of the durnkards path pattern and have material with base balls on it. It will be white and red (Phillies). I already named it Curve BAll. Show and tell soon!
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    A long time ago, I had a pattern, I think it might have been a drunkards path or variation. Anyway the setting joined the four blocks to form a ball. I was always going to try it and sew white balls with red stitching. I think you could find a stitch on your machine that looked like baseball thread
    fatquarters

Blog Entries
    the best baseball quilt I've seen is this one: http://www.mattandshari.com/quilting...quilt-new.html
    Got fabric?

Here's one I did with baseballs and then another with football fabric, both easy ideas, no patterns.Name:  jan 2011001_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 2231
Size:  45.7 KBName:  FEB 2011001_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 2439
Size:  96.1 KB Hopefully they'll give you another idea of what you might like to do.

Here's one I did a few years back for my nephew who loves baseball.

I enjoyed making it and I know that he loved it. The fabric is what these kids love and this fabric was beautiful. It was probably my first time buying such nice fabric for a quilt, as well (Kauffman and others).

Blog Entries
    Would it be possible for you to send me the directions also. My grandson who is 3 lives for baseball and the PHILLIES.
    I made him the Philly Phanatic one year for halloween and this would be perfect. Thanks

Here's the picture of the pattern I have in a magazine. This makes a quilt that is 71 x 82. The magazine it appears in is The Quilter, July 2004.
    I'm willing to take the pattern out of the magazine but I do want to keep the rest of the magazine.
    Thank you. I just went on line and found the site and was able to order the magazine. I do not like the idea of tearing things out of mags. I love the picture and it is what I had in mind. I have some baseball buttons that I will add. After I receive the mag I want to loook and see if I can do something different with the top. Again thank you so much to everyone who has posted here. I had about given up.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Quote Originally Posted by grandme26 View Post
    Thank you. I just went on line and found the site and was able to order the magazine. I do not like the idea of tearing things out of mags. I love the picture and it is what I had in mind. I have some baseball buttons that I will add. After I receive the mag I want to loook and see if I can do something different with the top. Again thank you so much to everyone who has posted here. I had about given up.
    I am so happy that the mag is still available. It's a very great magazine issue- the only one I've ever seen that has more than 10 projects in it that ALL appeal to me. Have fun, and I look forward to seeing how it turns out!

Blog Entries

Fenway

Fenway is celebrating 100 years and the museum has a fantastic quilt exhibit. These are some postcards and a quilt/wall hanging being made to go in the shop.

Debbie
    Machine It

JenniePenny, the magazine arrived yesterday and it looks perfect. Thank you so much.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast