Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Basting glue?

I love basting spray! I spray it indoors sometimes, but you have to swab everything down afterward! :roll: It really works holding the sandwich together and a little goes a long way. I usually pin a few places too.

I agree with everything that waldosmum says.I have used a spray and it does get down your throat a bit if there is no ventilation, but I must say that the results I have had have been succesful and do last foe some time.

Quote Originally Posted by k9colliedog
    I agree with everything that waldosmum says.
    Gosh that's a first! :) Now if I could get my husband to admit that once in a while I'd really be doing good. And to follow up on k9colliedog's comments, I do get a bit concerned about the effect of the fumes on my pets, 3 cats, since they're closer to the fumes than I am. All the more important to make sure your ventilation is good.

I use 505 adhesive spray. Holds great and doesn't gum up my needles or machine. I also pin.

I use Roxanne's glue baste it. It comes in a tiny bottle with a hollow "needle" that lets you apply it in tiny dots. I use it to turn under raw edges when appliqung and it works great! It holds as long as you need it to and will wash out.

I have used basting spray on the quilt sandwich and have had good results with it as well.

Hope this answers your questions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2