Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Basting methods

I plan to baste my Sunbonnet Sue pieces to the muslin squares for appliquing. I am allergic to the Spray Basting, have tried freezer paper & didn't stick, any ideas? I can pin them; however, they are small & hard to work with. Thanks for any assistance.

Blog Entries
    I just made a SunBonnet Sue, and used Wonder Under to glue them down. I then zig zagged around them, more for looks.
    Just haven't quilted it yet....
    :-)

I think I have some somewhere. Forgot I could use those. Thanks. You'll are super.

Here might be another place to use the school glue to fasten the small pieces until they can be stitched.

About a few dots on the edge with Elmer's Washable School Glue, Sharon Schambers uses it on her bindings and such, since I found that out, I've been using it for my kimono paper piecing blocks.

Blog Entries
    You can also use glue sticks...make sure you dab the glue on, sometimes you may stretch the fabric if you rub them on the fabric too hard. :wink:

I use Heat N Bond Lite.
    If you use Heat N Bond, make sure it's LITE not the heavy duty stuff

I use HeatnBond lite too.

Blog Entries
    I tap a glue stick around on mine somtimes. I don't care for the Wunder under (too thick and stiff) I can't get the Heat n Bond to work...(I'm H/B challenged)...but I did find some new stuff that is sticky on one side! Now that I can use. It is sorta like the heat and bond, but you can just peel off the paper and it will self stick to your fabric..no iron necesary until you are ready to place the final layout. Check with your LQS.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    I tap a glue stick around on mine somtimes. I don't care for the Wunder under (too thick and stiff) I can't get the Heat n Bond to work...(I'm H/B challenged)...but I did find some new stuff that is sticky on one side! Now that I can use. It is sorta like the heat and bond, but you can just peel off the paper and it will self stick to your fabric..no iron necesary until you are ready to place the final layout. Check with your LQS.
    That would be Steam-a-Seam. I think it's Steam-a-Seam 2 that has both sides sticky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast