Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Basting Tools?

I was wondering if there's a frame or something that can be used for basting quilts? It is my least favorite thing to do. Do long-arm quilters offer this service of just basting your layers together on their machines?

My LA currently has one of my quilts to baste. It's a huge king and simply way too big for me to handle for spray basting or regular basting. She will charge around $50 for that service, but to me it is well worth it!

some long arm quilters are willing to baste your quilt for you for a nominal fee...check around.
    there are lots of (tools) such as spray adhesive (basting spray)
    if you have a large floor frame for quilting it might be possible to load it then baste it- not sure-
    our little sewing group has a frame that is adjustable (bars) which can be made any size-then it is simply placed over chair backs- and the layers (backing/batting/top) are pinned to the frame- they use it to tye quilts- but there have been a couple times when it was used to baste a quilt- next time we set it up i will take a couple pictures.
    but - check out the long armers in your area- one of them may baste your quilt for you...here-depending on size it costs between $20-$40 to have it basted