Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bataiks Help!

Blog Entries
    Synthrapol, but be sure to use it in a machine with ***lots*** of hot water. Domestic front loaders don't use enough water to allow Synthrapol to work its magic. If you use a laundromat front loader, depending on the size of the quilt, go up at least one size over what you normally would use. One thing about front loaders is that they are a lot easier on the quilt (and clothing) than top-loading agitators.

Also, be sure to take the quilt out right away to dry. You do not want damp fabric sitting next to damp fabric; dye can transfer that way too. Keep the quilt moving while it is wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    As long as they don't dry it and heat set the dye because I have seen that happen to people on here
    If heat was all it took to set dye then the iron should set because an iron is waaaaaaaaaaay hotter than any dryer and the heat is in direct contact with the fabric.

Blog Entries
    Most dyes are chemically set nowadays. I have taken out bleeds from clothing that was dried; heat did not permanently set the bleeds.

Quote Originally Posted by campingbetty View Post
    I just made a quilt using Batiks and was told Batiks fade! sure enough I washed a small red block and the water turned red. will the color catcher help when I wash the quilt?
    Thanks it is like shutting the barn door after the cows are out, but lesson learned. I love this forum. it is like having quilting instructors full time.
    Last edited by campingbetty; 11-24-2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2