Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina 1011 Sewing Machine >

Bernina 1011 Sewing Machine

Bernina 1011 Sewing Machine

Old 08-18-2014, 10:01 AM

Default Bernina 1011 Sewing Machine

I went to use the Bernina 1011 my sister left me when she died and discovered it had no power cord or foot feed. Where is the best place to purchased one? It doesn't have to be a new one. I don't think there is a Bernina dealer close to Boonville mo.....to tell the truth Im a little afraid of the Bernina...maybe its just the name.Im use to my Singer of 20 years! Does anyone have a 1011?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 AM

I have two Bernina sewing machines and a Bernina embroidery machine. I love all of them. Have you tried using the foot pedal and electric cord hook up from your Singer. They might fit. You might also call or e-mail Bernina so they can tell you how to get the parts you need. I am sure they would be more than willing to help you. My current Bernina sewing machines are an Artista 185, an Artista 220, which is a lower level, much less expensive and lighter weight machine and a Singer Featherweight. My third Bernina was the first stand alone embroidery machine Bernina made. It is at least 20 years old and still able to do great embroidery. I also purchased a Brother embroidery machine as it uses the same software as my Bernina embroidery machine. Bernina no longer makes an embroidery machine that uses my vast collection of embroidery patterns. That is why I got the Brother. I like the stand alone embroidery machines as they allow me to embroider something while I am sewing on my regular machine at the same time. The embroidery machine stops each time the color of the thread needs to be changed. Sewing machines that also do embroidery require you to do one or the other as they require changing some parts of the sewing machine to allow it to embroider.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:24 AM

ebay is usually a good place to start.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Power Poster

Looks like the 1010 uses a combination power control and foot pedal. These tend to be expensive. I know because I bought a vintage Bernina at a thrift shop and ended up paying more for the cord/pedal than for the machine! There are places online where you can order one. Here are a couple of places I found:
http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/0049307001.php
hhttp://www.mysewingmachineparts.com/sewing-machine-foot-control-with-power-cord-type-290-0049307001r-bernina/

You do need to be careful to get the correct cord/pedal combo for your model of machine.

eBay has auctions for it starting at about $79, but the Buy It Now offerings seem to be around $105.

Last edited by Prism99; 08-18-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:11 PM

OUCH..thats pretty high for a power cord and foot pedal! Ive tried looking up the 1011 on line but am not finding much about it. I did find the on line manual..Ill have to ponder about buying the power cord and pedal. My singers power cord is attached...the foot feed only has one plug in while the Berninna has 3 or 4..Thanks for the links. I will definitely check them out. Also for the inform on the embroidery machines..Id LOVE to have one!!
Old 08-18-2014, 05:06 PM

I spent about $100 for a Bernina combo replacement for my 1010. It looks just like a cheaper generic one I saw online except for the little Bernina nameplate. Made me wonder if I should have tried the generic.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

I have a Bernina 1020 and a 1530. I have never had any luck with using anything generic for my babies. I HOPE you learn to love it just as I have fallen in love with mine especially making such a big jump with a quality of a Bernina from a Singer. My first two DSM were Singers.

I would be patient and save your search on eBay so that you will receive a notification when a seller has a foot petal for sale. I did that with a walking foot. Bought a brand new one that works perfectly because I had worn out my old original walking foot and I paid HALF of the original cost.