View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 AM
mpspeedy2

I have two Bernina sewing machines and a Bernina embroidery machine. I love all of them. Have you tried using the foot pedal and electric cord hook up from your Singer. They might fit. You might also call or e-mail Bernina so they can tell you how to get the parts you need. I am sure they would be more than willing to help you. My current Bernina sewing machines are an Artista 185, an Artista 220, which is a lower level, much less expensive and lighter weight machine and a Singer Featherweight. My third Bernina was the first stand alone embroidery machine Bernina made. It is at least 20 years old and still able to do great embroidery. I also purchased a Brother embroidery machine as it uses the same software as my Bernina embroidery machine. Bernina no longer makes an embroidery machine that uses my vast collection of embroidery patterns. That is why I got the Brother. I like the stand alone embroidery machines as they allow me to embroider something while I am sewing on my regular machine at the same time. The embroidery machine stops each time the color of the thread needs to be changed. Sewing machines that also do embroidery require you to do one or the other as they require changing some parts of the sewing machine to allow it to embroider.