Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bernina Activa, how many of you have one? >

Bernina Activa, how many of you have one?

Bernina Activa, how many of you have one?

Old 06-07-2016, 06:10 AM

Default Bernina Activa, how many of you have one?

I'm just curious because I have the 240 and love it. But I don't think I have ever seen anything posted here.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

My Bernina activa 145 is my workshop machine. It is a good reliable machine that I've used for more then 10 years I think. My Bernina 440 is for home use. I looked at the higher priced Berninas for my second machine but I liked the fact that my feet and bobbins work in both machines.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:26 AM

I almost bought one, but my local dealer encouraged me to buy the 330 instead of the Activa 215 plus accessories. In hindsight, I wish I'd gone with the 215 because I would have chosen different versions of the accessories had I known that was an option (e.g., a flat extension table rather than the curved one that comes with the 330, a metal open toe darning foot rather than the plastic closed toed one that came with my 330). The Activas are wonderful, simple workhorses of a machine & I definitely hope to get one for my next machine (well ... after I buy a mid-arm). Leah Day actually uses a 210 for all her piecing; if that isn't a ringing endorsement, I'm not sure what is.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:46 AM

My only machine (so far!) is an Activa 220, with the usual attachments and a walking foot. Bought it from my local dealer when it was on sale. I have had it about 6 years and outside of general servicing, that is all it has needed outside of the standard cleaning.

I have found some of the presser feet of higher spec Berninas do work, but check before purchasing.

It is a good workhorse, however the throat space is so small I find it very difficult to free motion larger quilts.

When the Festival of Quilts is on in Birmingham (UK) later this year, I might just treat myself something a bit better. Hope the show has some deals going.

HettyB