Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bernina bobbin case spring

I am having a problem with my Bernina bobbin case spring. I keep getting the message that my bobbin case is either empty or needs cleaning. I have cleaned it numerous, numerous times; and I am still getting this message after just a few minutes of sewing. I called the Bernina dealer, and he told me that the spring was not inserted correctly. He told me to insert the spring to match the openings and to make sure the 'doggy ears' are latched in on each side. I have done this, and I am still getting the message. Has anyone had this problem and know of something else that I can try? - Cynthia

Quote Originally Posted by CGail
    I am having a problem with my Bernina bobbin case spring. I keep getting the message that my bobbin case is either empty or needs cleaning. I have cleaned it numerous, numerous times; and I am still getting this message after just a few minutes of sewing. I called the Bernina dealer, and he told me that the spring was not inserted correctly. He told me to insert the spring to match the openings and to make sure the 'doggy ears' are latched in on each side. I have done this, and I am still getting the message. Has anyone had this problem and know of something else that I can try? - Cynthia
    It may be that the sensor on the bobbin case door needs a little cleaning. If dust gets on the sensor, you will get that message.

Thanks, I'll check that. I've already scheduled to take the machine in tomorrow. In the meantime, I've disabled that alert; and it sews perfectly. Thanks for responding - wish that would be the 'fix' for me. - Cynthia

Blog Entries
    Try shutting the door - my 730E gives me those messages if I have forgotten to shut the door where the bobbin goes.