Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
need a bobbin/bobbin case for a maybe-Nation Rotary A >

need a bobbin/bobbin case for a maybe-Nation Rotary A

need a bobbin/bobbin case for a maybe-Nation Rotary A

Old 04-25-2012, 03:37 AM

Default need a bobbin/bobbin case for a maybe-Nation Rotary A

So my dad came down a week ago and brought me a new toy-I posted about it before (http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...i-t183751.html).

It's in amazing condition! Everything turns smoothly (and then I oiled it, which just made it better), and the decals are pristine. There's some weird red stuff dripped on the back of it; it looks like a rust blister, but scrapes off. The wiring in pretty frightful. The light is heavy chrome, in need of a cleaning. The motor is interesting; this is a friction drive, but there are apparently options for where to put the friction tire. Two of those grooves had old tire in them.

I suspect this one is related to Monty (http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...y-t183880.html). They have the same wiring block, the same weird round plugs, the same oddball foot controller (I'd never *seen* one before, and now I have two!) and faceplate/tension unit, bobbin cover, and spool hoobly are identical. Even the front release hook on the bed has the same part number stamped on it.

What it doesn't have is a bobbin case-Dad didn't know to check for one before he bought it. I'll take Monty's in and see if it fits, but if it doesn't, does anyone have any ideas where I can get a bobbin case/bobbin for this thing? It says "Rotary Model A" on the back of the arm, and the general consensus here is that it was made by National, but that's all I know. Does anyone have any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails rotary-a01.jpg   rotary-a02.jpg   rotary-a03.jpg  
Old 04-25-2012, 12:13 PM

On the ISMACS site there are charts that show all kinds of stuff, including bobbins, needles, etc. Try looking there, as it shows the machines by the name on them, and then shows the manufacturer, so it's easier to find them.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:20 PM

I may have a casing for you, Check my post "attachments and goodies" I made eariler today..