Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best Online Place for Sewing Machines? >

Best Online Place for Sewing Machines?

Best Online Place for Sewing Machines?

Old 01-10-2015, 01:12 PM

Default Best Online Place for Sewing Machines?

I am drooling over the Viking Husqvarna Sapphire machine but the only place close to me that sells them is JoAnne's. I would like to know where you would buy a new or used machine on-line?
Old 01-10-2015, 02:24 PM

I bought my Husqvarna #1 online from craigslist but before this one I bought another online at ebay. I just viewed ebay Husqvarnas on sale and the prices are great for the Sapphire machine. I think I even saw one today new and others with low use. Now is a great time to buy because people get new machines for Christmas and have to sale the old one. Good luck look for free shipping, history of repairs/cleanings if used much. I like the all-inclusive deals myself.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

I might be wrong, but JoAnn's doesn't sell the machines. They rent space in their stores to Viking dealers. My Viking dealer is located in a JoAnn's store, but they are a separate store. The Viking employees are very knowledgeable, offer unlimited classes and there also is a warranty on new machines. I'd stop by the store and chat with the person selling the machines and see what the setup is at that store.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I might be wrong, but JoAnn's doesn't sell the machines. They rent space in their stores to Viking dealers. My Viking dealer is located in a JoAnn's store, but they are a separate store. The Viking employees are very knowledgeable, offer unlimited classes and there also is a warranty on new machines. I'd stop by the store and chat with the person selling the machines and see what the setup is at that store.
I agree with this. Unless it's the basic average singer machines, any of the other higher end machines are sold by dealer's leasing space in JAF.

If we know where you are, perhaps we can direct you to an independent dealer you may not be familiar with.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:43 PM

I bought my new machine from AllBrands, and was very satisfied with their price and service.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:53 AM

Sorry but the cost of those machines I would not buy from anyone but a dealer used or new
Old 01-11-2015, 06:27 AM

Kens Sewing something or other in Alabama. Excellent customer service. I bought 2 Janomes from them and a chair.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:28 AM

I now have 3 sapphire sewing machines. an 830 I am going to sell. An 875 that I piece on. My new 960 that I am using to machine quilt with. I love my 960. I bought it at a Joannes but the sewing machine section with the Viking machines is independent of the store. I would go in sit down and sew on the machine. That would be any machine I was wanting to purchase. It is like buying a car. You would never buy one without test driving one would you? So test drive a few different brands and make up your mind. I also have a Feather weight a 201 singer a Janome Platinum a Sear sewing out on loan to a friend and a Bernina that needs repair. So as you can see I prefer the Sapphire Vikings. I love not having to deal with the presser foot lever. An questions ask away. Luann
Old 01-11-2015, 07:54 AM

Ebay can be a good place to find a vintage machine. Just make sure that the seller packs it properly for shipping. They NEED instructions and maybe a threat, or two to make sure that it arrives safely.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nabobw View Post
Sorry but the cost of those machines I would not buy from anyone but a dealer used or new
I agree. You want to have the dealer available if there are any problems with the machine. It is like buying a car.