Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best Sewing Peddle Gripper >

Best Sewing Peddle Gripper

Best Sewing Peddle Gripper

Old 01-26-2017, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Connie H. View Post
Than one day I came across a mouse pad that I had bought ages ago that I didn't like using with my computer mouse. The bottom is a soft rubber like material and the top has a big hump on it (I think it was suppose to support your wrist). I put my machine pedal of it and it works great. Does not move forward at all now.
Hmmm -- I think I have one of these kicking around -- I think I will try it.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:13 PM

This is a thought, I have not tried it - but you know those Command brand hooks, where the sticky thing does not leave a residue, what if you you used the sticky thing to attach your pedal to the floor. That won't work if you are constantly picking up the pedal.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:27 AM

I bought a cheap rubber bath mat from Walmart and cut it in half. It works like a charm and I had enough for two machines. Hope this helps
Old 01-27-2017, 06:01 AM

Thank all of you for this question and answer thread. I also sew on hardwood and have been experimenting with keeping my foot pedals stable. To date, no go. However, excelsior!

So many really good responses. Thank you.

A.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:03 AM

I was at Sam's and found some car mats for $15 for a set of 4. They are heavy rubber with nubs on the back that catch in the carpet. The tops are grooved and grab my foot pedal. I don't know how they would work on solid surface floors but they sure work great on carpet and the price was right. I used the front ones in my car.
Attached Thumbnails unnamed.jpg  
Old 01-27-2017, 06:23 AM

I am a BIG fan of Martelli products, but I purchased the foot pedal pad a year ago at half price and am not pleased. I think it was $15. It held for a short time and now slides all over and cannot be cleaned. The edges get ragged from being kicked into place and it is unsightly. JMO

Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post
Has anyone tried the one by martelli? The reviews are good...but not sure which is best
Old 01-27-2017, 06:32 AM

I got the Martelli one and I LOVE it! Finally have found a product that does what is says.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:42 AM

The strip of wood is GENIUS!!! Such a simple solution that it escaped me. We use the same 'system' to keep our lounge chair from moving back against the wall and scraping it. Thanks!! :-)
Old 01-27-2017, 07:19 AM

I purchased a computer slant board for your feet...at a thrift store and it works wonders
Old 01-27-2017, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bonnie K View Post
I bought a cheap rubber bath mat from Walmart and cut it in half. It works like a charm and I had enough for two machines. Hope this helps
I use a "sling" of the carpet under-layment/shelf liner stuff. I sew at a gate-leg table which has lots of legs. I put the ends of the long strip under legs on the right and on the left. The liner stuff makes a sling into which the pedal sits. Part of the pedal is on the floor and the sling holds it in place. Works pretty good.

Command strips would work. You can lift up and take the pedal off the strip any time you wish.

I think the best thing would be a large piece (plywood, car floor mat, piece of carpet) big enough so that your other foot is on it also. Attach the pedal firmly to that. Perhaps command strips would be the best if you will want to move it, but if you want to go to class, you really want that mat along too. Make the mat as large as your cutting mat and they can be moved together.