Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best way to transfer a photograph onto fabric for a quilted pillow >

Best way to transfer a photograph onto fabric for a quilted pillow

Best way to transfer a photograph onto fabric for a quilted pillow

Old 09-28-2013, 04:17 PM

Default Best way to transfer a photograph onto fabric for a quilted pillow

Can someone tell me what to buy to put a photograph onto fabric. I know I have seen something somewhere but can't remember what it is called and dont know what the best brand to use. Has anyone used something with good results. TYVM
Old 09-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

there are different fabric printer sheets on the market, June Taylor is the one I think Joanne's carries- but there are others- they come in packages of 3-10 depending on which ones you find- and It is important to read the packages (some are for wallhangings *not washable* - some are washable) and it is important to follow the instructions. or- you can buy PFD fabric (prepared for dyeing) and use that- or you can use bleached or unbleached muslin- pre-wash it- with detergent- no fabric softener- press freezer paper to the back of it- cut it to the size of printer paper- make sure the freezer paper is well adhered to the edges- this holds the fabric to run through the printer---allow the pictures to 'cure' dry well- so the ink saturates the fibers- then heat set- then rinse in cold water- make sure you are using an inkjet printer- and good quality permanent ink. there are many tutorials & u-tube videos on printing on fabric.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:44 AM

Thank you for the info , went to youtube...dont know why I didnt think of it before posting lol...look there all the time for tutorials.