Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Betty Bands vs Quilting Gloves

Betty Bands vs Quilting Gloves

Just looking for some opinions for Betty Bands vs Quilting Gloves. Which do you like and why? Have you tried the other? Why don't you care for them?
    Kim

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

Blog Entries
    I have never tried the Betty Bands but I did purchase the Machinger gloves for my FMQ class that I took and I felt they were very helpful.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Power Poster
    Machingers also and I won't FMQ without them. I have not tried the Betty Bands.

I have tried gloves and also the foam bats. Did not like either. Use my bare hands.

I have the Machingers gloves and love them, and won't quilt without them, but was getting ready to order some things from Clotilde and saw the Betty Bands. Just wondering what everybody thought of them.
    Kim

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

I use the Machingers and haven't tried the Betty Bands. I thought you were supposed to use your finger tips instead of your palm to move the quilt so I haven't given much thought to buying them but I'd love to hear what people that have used them have to say.

Suzy

I have both. I use the betty bqnds for smaller projects and the machiner gloves for bigger. I like the bands better because my fingers are free and I can pick stuff up. like scissors and pins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuusistoquilter View Post
    I have both. I use the betty bqnds for smaller projects and the machiner gloves for bigger. I like the bands better because my fingers are free and I can pick stuff up. like scissors and pins.
    I thought I would like the Betty Bands for this same reason. I ordered the medium/large size (I wear medium in disposable latex gloves and also in dishwashing gloves) and the bands are too small for me. I don't know if they were mis-sized or what, but they were a disappointment.

I'm not fond of the Machingers because they are too warm (my hands get all sweaty - yuck) and I can't do anything else while wearing them. I love my Fons & Porter quilting gloves; to me, they are much thinner, which enables me to deal with pins while wearing them. They are made of fabric and seem more breathable.

I tried to make a home-made pair of Betty Bands using that Dollar Store shelf liner stuff and they worked pretty well, but my design is not perfected yet (LOL).

I haven't tried Betty Bands but do use Machingers. One drawback to them is that I constantly have to take them off and put them on to handle thread, etc. Otherwise they do really help with fabric motion.
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast