Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Surprise--I found a box of quilt tops

Big Surprise--I found a box of quilt tops

I "bragged" last week that I was all caught up on my UFO's and was going to start a new quilt this week. What a joke on me that turned out to be. I was rummaging around and wondered what was in "that box" and I found probably 15 tops that need to be backed and quilted--mostly crib size--all were done while I was in Indiana, mostly using up a bunch of precut blocks I had taken with me. So guess it will be another week (at least) before I get to work on a new quilt. Anyway it is back to putting on fleece backing and getting them quilted. I don't mind doing it, but it isn't a lot of fun! Tomorrow is guild meeting followed by an afternoon workshop, so won't get much done on them until Tuesday.
    God Bless,
    Rachel

Well, I think you could start a new quilt top and THEN attach the box of tops. Might feel really good?

Dina

I can't even imagine what that would be like. 15 tops - wow! You are very productive. All my UFO's are still in my head (except the one I'm working on, which is spread out in an unfinished state on the floor). I would love to have some just waiting for the longarm.

It's amazing that you could finish them all this week! Wow. Do you have plans for the tops? Do you donate or do you save them for gifts?

What a great thing to find! Christmas in June at your house!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Now I don't feel so bad about my UFOs. Lol. You are a magician if you can get them all done that fast. Good for you!

Let me clarify--most of these are small --40x 60 range. I use fleece on the backs and that doesn't take a great deal of quilting. I generally do SID-- nothing fancy. I bind them by bringing the backing to the front of the quilt. So although that sounds like a lot, it isn't as overwhelming as it sounds.
    I use them for a guild project; give them to family and friends; keep a few for here at home. All my family will get quilts this year for Christmas (23-24 people) so I can start over on bigger quilts for a future Christmas.
    God Bless,
    Rachel

LOL. Hope you get them finished quickly and get your new project started.

Blog Entries
    Wow - It's still lots to do, but what a wonderful feeling it will be to have them done, please share some pics!

Blog Entries
    I have been collecting fabric for a bargello for almost a year. I needed 24 fabrics. I have all of them. I can't wait to start. It has been way at the top of my bucket list for a long time. I told myself I am not allowed to start until I finish a t-shirt quilt a friend is paying me to make. (I don't like making them) I will layer it to quilt today. I am just going to do an all over loose meandering pattern and do something fancy in the borders. Maybe a guitar. It is rock and roll t shirts. And I am going to make 4 of my Dear Jane blocks. Then I can start. I have way too many other UFO's too and several UFO's that aren't started yet that I need for gifts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast