Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Binding video >

Binding video

Binding video

Old 02-06-2014, 07:42 AM

Default Binding video

Yesterday I was watching a video on how to apply binding to a quilt and now I can't find it. I can't remember the name of the woman who was demonstrating.
Michelle
Old 02-06-2014, 07:55 AM

I just watched Jenny Doan's video on binding and it was a good one. You might just look at her's.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:01 AM

While I don't know which one you were watching, my very, very favorite binding video is from Sharon Schamber called "Binding the Angel" on YouTube. I watch it every time I do a binding. It is so complete with everything you need to know about sewing a great binding. Just search for "Binding ther Angel" on YouTube and choose the 28 minute one. Apparently there are several others that are portions of the big one.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:06 AM

Heirloom creations has a neat binding method - no math. They use a tuck method that looks very easy. I am going to try this on my next binding. I usually do the method that Jenny (MSQ) uses.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

Doesn't anybody take a quilting class at your LQS??? There is NOTHING better than meeting other quilters in a class and getting a few minutes of one on one instructions from an expert quilt teacher. No wonder there are postings of quilt stores closing. PLEASE, not critizing anybody in this post.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

​My favourite is by Heather Mulder Peterson from http://www.ankastreasures.wordpress.com click on the tutorial section and she has a great one for odd angles as well.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:17 AM

This is my favorite video on binding. I believe she must be a contender in the fastest talker but if you turn the sound off the demo is self explanatory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUEy9NXOK5c
Old 02-06-2014, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Doesn't anybody take a quilting class at your LQS??? There is NOTHING better than meeting other quilters in a class and getting a few minutes of one on one instructions from an expert quilt teacher. No wonder there are postings of quilt stores closing. PLEASE, not critizing anybody in this post.
Not everyone has an LQS. The closest one to me is over an hour away. We used to have dial up internet and even videos were a challenge back then. You have to rely on what works and what is available.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:38 AM

Patrick Lose has a You Tube video that is my favorite. I use this method all the time and have the best corners I have ever done since I started quilting about 30 years ago.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Some Quilters may not live close to a LQS, some maybe home bound. The internet videos have been my quilting lesssons.