Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Binding video >

Binding video

Binding video

Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by PAMAR View Post
Patrick Lose has a You Tube video that is my favorite. I use this method all the time and have the best corners I have ever done since I started quilting about 30 years ago.
I like his tips about how to get neat, smooth corners. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by susie337 View Post
While I don't know which one you were watching, my very, very favorite binding video is from Sharon Schamber called "Binding the Angel" on YouTube. I watch it every time I do a binding. It is so complete with everything you need to know about sewing a great binding. Just search for "Binding ther Angel" on YouTube and choose the 28 minute one. Apparently there are several others that are portions of the big one.
I watched this video and wanted to try using the glue. Does anyone know where to find that small metal tip to have better control over the amount of glue that comes out? I've tried looking online and can't seem to find anything that will work. Also looked at Michael's and Jo-Anns today with no luck. My next thought was to look at an Art supply store.

Anyone know what I can try?
Old 02-09-2014, 07:33 PM

The quilt store I was at last year had small empty bottles with a tiny metal tip. Also, in the section of hobby lobby where they have the model cars, there were some small plastic tips you could put on a bottle but I'm not sure what kind of bottle they fit on. I bought the tips but am not sure what bottle I was planning to use them on. I also bought one of the empty bottles at the quilt shop but as of this moment, I have no clue where it is. I saw it recently but then put it somewhere (probably somewhere safe where it wouldn't get lost) and now I can't find it.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:43 PM

You can order the one Sharon Schambers recommends here: http://www.purpledaisiesllc.com/mobi....aspx?id=37570
Old 02-09-2014, 08:13 PM

Here's the empty bottle I bought. I hope I find it soon...

http://www.createforless.com/Quilled...pid207110.aspx
Old 02-11-2014, 12:22 PM

To ManicQuilter2.....the closest LQS to me is 40 miles one way. This is where I learn.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Doesn't anybody take a quilting class at your LQS??? There is NOTHING better than meeting other quilters in a class and getting a few minutes of one on one instructions from an expert quilt teacher. No wonder there are postings of quilt stores closing. PLEASE, not critizing anybody in this post.
Well, when the nearest quilt store is over an hour away, videos are a life saver. But I quite agree that a one on one would be wonderful , if it's available and affordable. Not everyone can pay for classes.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:33 PM

Purple Daisies is Sharon Schambers' website.

Originally Posted by Cybrarian View Post
You can order the one Sharon Schambers recommends here: http://www.purpledaisiesllc.com/mobi....aspx?id=37570
Old 02-11-2014, 02:45 PM

There is a YouTube video about using scotch tape to make a very fine point applicator. It's so simple you want to slap your forehead and say Why didn't I think of that! Or you can check the beauty supply store.

Originally Posted by PlanoDebbie View Post
I watched this video and wanted to try using the glue. Does anyone know where to find that small metal tip to have better control over the amount of glue that comes out? I've tried looking online and can't seem to find anything that will work. Also looked at Michael's and Jo-Anns today with no luck. My next thought was to look at an Art supply store.

Anyone know what I can try?
Old 02-11-2014, 02:46 PM

Closest quilt shop 20 miles away but still not a problem. I have to work full time. When LQSs start offering classes in evenings or weekends I will patronize them. I would love to take a "live" class. Sometimes the LQS does not make it easy so online classes is it.