Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Biscuit/puff quilt for first quilt? What do you think?

Blog Entries
    I love the puffy quilts I have seen on cartoons, so I thought about that as my first project. I am familiar to sewing, so it seems easy enough. I can see it'll be time consuming, but at least this is a measurable goal. What do you guys think? Have you run across any great tutorials? I'm going to have 25 10'' pieces w/ 8'' pieces for backing. I'm going to use a very soft sheet as the back of the quilt. I really want to try to use what I have, so hope this works. :) Thanks for listening.

do a search under the search button on the top of the page you may come up with a number of ideas from that

http://www.quiltingboard.com/search....+quilts&u=&s=0

Notsmuch, ...thinking that you might not bee too familiar with this site yet, since you just joined today, I searched pull quilts and came up with many things to read. The site it took me to is listed above. Hope this helps. The quilts look beautiful!!

Well, I should have proofread before I sent that! I meant "be" and "puff." I am blind in one eye, but that shouldn't prevent me from proofreading!!

I personally think that attaching a binding to a quilt with thick batting is more challenging but the tying is easier.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
    I personally think that attaching a binding to a quilt with thick batting is more challenging but the tying is easier.
    Not trying to sound like a dummy here, but by binding, do you mean the borders? And by tying, would you mean using yarn to bring the pieces together w/ the quilt bottom?

Blog Entries
    Heh! yeah, I am new here. I'll blame the lack of search usage on that.

For filling, can I use a cotton instead of poly, or will it bunch up? If I can use cotton, is there one I can find @ hobby lobby or on amazon? thanks!

Blog Entries
    Any ideas for my stuffing question? Cotton stuffing?

Quote Originally Posted by notsomuch
    Any ideas for my stuffing question? Cotton stuffing?
    I think that cotton will bunch up and you won't have the puffiness that you are looking for.

Blog Entries
    Aww, man. Oh well. I thought so. Poly isn't too bad. It is in all of our comforters. I'll do whatever it takes to get that puffy look. Thanks! :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast