Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Blocks about crime! >

Blocks about crime!

Blocks about crime!

Old 07-21-2014, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
Oh geez. I didn't read your post right and I though YOU were incarcerated :-). I was thinking, 'wow, they let them quilt in prison?' Do you think I need another cup of coffee this morning? Hee hee.
Me too! And I just brewed my third pot of coffee this morning so have absolutely no excuse. (Although I do think that our interpretation was much more intriguing, don't you?)
Old 07-21-2014, 11:55 AM

You ladies have made me just laugh out loud!! No, I'm not the one in prison (although it does feel a bit like it!) There's no problem taking in my sewing but mobile phones have to be given into the Court Usher only when sent for deliberation.
You've given me such a lot of excellent ideas that I'm going to start going through tonight to take to Court tomorrow.
Thank you all so much for your help but especially for the laughs!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:58 AM

I just love hexies too! I can't get enough of them even though I started decades ago, with a hexie quilt. By mistake, I used 8oz polyester wadding. It ended up being called Marshmallows as that is what it felt like sewing through!
Old 07-21-2014, 12:01 PM

Oops! I meant to reply to Maniacquilter! But, Tartan, I seem to remember a group years ago that didn't like Sue and made quilts where each block had some way of killing her off! Perhaps, one of my blocks could be Sue sent to the Tower (of London)
Old 07-21-2014, 01:11 PM
bj

Or overall Sam in prison stripes.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:32 PM

I couldn't take in needles and scissors last time. Hope you can. Might want to have a Plan B just in case....like a book to read.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:33 PM

I live in Montgomery County, TX, and I couldn't take my crocheting in. They said the crochet hook could be used as a weapon. So you may not be able to take your pins, needles and scissors in. Get there early enough to ask, then if they say no, you can take it back to your car.

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I just had jury duty last month and any needles or scissors of any kind were not allowed. You could take a small book to read or something that would fit in your purse. Had to leave at security gate. Maybe your county is different than ours.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:44 PM

It is ok here to take sewing stuff into the Jury rooms. We can even take in phones and iPads - not into Court of course, but in the Jury waiting area.
I'd never have thought of Sam in stripes but they might get what I'm doing! I think it safer to stick with the names of blocks (they're not obvious to the uninitiated!). I was thinking of making some of the blocks and then applique-ing something appropriate afterwards?
I've got some amazing ideas from you ladies now - thank you!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

I've been lucky enough to avoid jury duty, because of health issues; but I think a "crime" quilt would be very interesting. I would go to quilterscache where there are dozens, if not hundreds of quilt blocks that might be appropriate.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:06 PM

What a fun thread this is!! I would take a Sudoku puzzle book if it were me.
The last time I was called in for jury duty, I thought surely not! I am not able to do that at my age. Found out that in New Mexico you can be excused permanently at age 75. Yay!