Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Blocks about crime! >

Blocks about crime!

Blocks about crime!

Old 07-21-2014, 07:44 PM

Went a few times but as I was a victim of crime and had a brother who was RCMP and friends who were cops, was never selected, guess they knew I would be rough on criminal.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:23 AM

So sorry you've been a victim of crime Carol34446, I don't mean to take any of this lightly, just to pass the waiting time well. But, I have to have a Mountie - I love anything Canadian! Here you can't be a Juror if you are over 69 but I'm sure that will change soon as we're all living so much longer but, sadly not long enough to finish all those WIP's! I'm up to around age 245, I think!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:38 AM

When I went to jury duty, we could not bring in needles or scissors. You may want to find out before you go to the court house. Just a thought.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:43 AM

I saw one Sue's on face book that is a chain gang of Sue's guilty of touching show quilts without their white gloves.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:15 AM

I work for a federal judge and am in charge of the jury during trials. I tell the jurors that if there is something they want to bring in (like hand-sewing items), to just let me know and I will be able to help them get through the screening process (which is very strict in federal court). Don't be afraid to ask . . . that's what we are there for.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:14 PM

Hi tinliz, that's so funny and could make an excellent border! And, thank you klgls, I did check just to make sure after all the advice on this thread and I am allowed to take in my sewing bits and pieces. They seem quite a lot more relaxed over here regarding what is acceptable and what is not, for jurors. Thanks for all your advice - all very useful and as for your suggestions, who knew you would all be such experts about crime!
Old 07-22-2014, 03:58 PM
mim

Lucky you -- on jury duty. I learned how to knit socks and turn the heel frm another juror. It is not only a civic duty, but a great way to observ the justice system at work

Mim

Originally Posted by PennyChattey View Post
I'm starting Jury Service tomorrow and have been told that there will be a lot of waiting time and to take my sewing. I thought I'd work on blocks to do with crime, prison, court etc but can only think of Courthouse Steps! Does anyone know about other blocks I could piece while incarcerated! Many thanks!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bj View Post
Went to quilters cache. There were lots! Here's a few...Ball and chain, beggar's block, Cain & Abel, chain links, courthouse star, depression block, framed, hourglass (doing time), Leavenworth 9 patch, Saint Paul (he spent a lot of time in prison), solitaire, wild goose chase. There were others, but they might have been a stretch, like Jack-in-the-box. What a fun idea and keepsake for your experience.
lol, what a cute tag line
Old 07-22-2014, 06:27 PM
bj

Hi Mousie. I'm showing my ignorance here, but I don't know what a tag line is. (0: