Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Blue line won't come out :(...help! >

Blue line won't come out :(...help!

Blue line won't come out :(...help!

Old 03-07-2015, 12:45 PM

So sorry about the blue marks in your beautiful quilt. I having nothing to offer except I had the same thing happen (and it was a quilt for a friend too) w/one of those pens and I did not iron my fabric. It just stays in some fabrics better than others. I promptly threw away all the pens like that I had. Honestly it is scary marking quilts because you think something is safe only to find out after the fact that it was not. I fear I will have issues w/the quilt I am hand quilting right now because I have used chalk that I thought would be safe and it turns out it may not be either. I will from now on test on all fabrics that will be used in a quilt before marking.

I hope you find a solution to your problem, and even w/the marks I know your friend will love it, mine did.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:13 PM

Carbona is a stain remover that comes as a general stain remover and as individual stain removers called "Stain Devils". They can usually be found at WalMart. The individual Stain Devils come in smaller yellow bottles sort of triangular shaped. There is one for pen and crayon. I have used these Stain Devils for a variety of stains, many of which have gone through the dryer. I certainly don't know if this will work but it is worth a try. I have never seen any damage to the fabric where I have used it. This is just another alternative, many of the posters here have listed very good ideas.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:52 PM

I never got the blue lines out. I tried many products & nothing worked. I will NEVER use blue making pens, chalk, etc again.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:53 PM

You could suggest to your friend to take it to a dry cleaner..they have some very strong stain removers...I got blood on silk once and the only way it came out is when I took it to the dry cleaners...worth a try...I don't think I noticed anyone mention Sew Clean, a product that Jamie Wallin recommends...it might work..and I was going to suggest fabric paint too...
Old 03-07-2015, 02:32 PM

I once used those Wet Wipes (Baby Wipes) to get ink off of a lace collar. I was shaking the ink pen and the ink went all over. It got the ink out...but it had not been ironed. You might give it a try.